Sunday, February 23, 2014

Is there a steel stringed acoustic guitar that uses an amplifier?




katreena19


I saw one of my classmates playing a steel stringed acoustic guitar(maybe...that's what I think it is) and he was able to plug it in an amplifier. If there is no such guitar, is it an electric guitar then?

I want to buy a guitar like that one.

Please answer...thank you!



Answer
It's an acoustic/electric guitar. If you are a beginner here's something that might suit you well http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJAE5-Acoustic-Guitar-Pack?sku=519605

Guitar amplifier cabinets cabs made for acoustic/ electric guitars?

Q. Hello, I am to to amplification of an instrument. I have a Washburn Cumberland Series Jumbo cutaway. I do have a an old head that was made by Genz-Benz. I was wondering, is there not like a 4-10 or a 4-12 cabinet that is designed for acoustic? I find that I can only find acoustic amplifiers with 1 speaker. If I purchased like for an example, A Marshall cab and ran my acoustic through it. Would it be quite disappointing? The head I have is 100 or 200 watts, 8 ohms. Do you folks have any suggestions about what I should be looking for? Thanks Much!

Sam


Answer
What you need is a cabinet as well as an amp built for acoustic instrument amplification. Unless the amp you have is built for specifically for acoustic instruments, or for keyboards, it is highly unlikely to sound good with an acoustic guitar.

Regular guitar amps are built with a different type of sound in mind than what you will need for keyboards, acoustic instruments ... or vocals for that matter. The latter types of amps are designed to play as clean as possible with a good headroom, covering the whole sound/audio spectrum.

Same with the speakers. While electric guitars sound best in the mid frequencies, acoustic guitars are more "broad band", they have a wider frequency.

Acoustic guitar amps are more to compare with a mini PA system - there are usually tweeters or treble horns in the mix.

A regular set-up (like the one you're asking about) will sound very muddy with an acoustic guitar. What you need is a regular PA system, or a dedicated acoustic instrument amp like the Fishman Loudbox.

Of course, you may actually like how your guitar will sound through a regular guitar amp (combo or head and cab). Just plug your guitar into one to get a feel for it :-)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there a steel stringed acoustic guitar that uses an amplifier?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment