Thursday, March 13, 2014

how much does an acoustic guitar cost?




Alyssa


i want to learn how to play, but im worried about the cost. could you give me an average price? or how much your acoustic guitar cost? thanks


Answer
The cheapest I'd recommend would be about $100 for a Takamine Jasmine or Epiphone DR-100. Any guitar at that price will be all laminate (plywood), which has a more dull and muted sound than a guitar with a solid spruce top. I really like the Yamaha FG700S at $199. That guitar has a solid spruce top and sounds great for the price. It is also a well made guitar that is easy to play, stays in tune well, and should last you a while as you learn to play better.

Obviously you can spend thousands of dollars on a great guitar, but for a beginner I'd say you'd pay around $200 for a good quality guitar, about $100 for a passable guitar to start learning on, and anything less than $100 you'll be very quickly disappointed with.

FWIW, I have a very nice Guild D4NT acoustic guitar which I paid $650 for about 15 years ago (back when they were still making them in the US before Fender bought Guild). I'm currently saving up to get a Taylor 314ce which will be around $1500. I also have a nice Parker electric guitar I paid around $800 for on Ebay. I've been playing guitar for 40 years and am the worship leader at my church, so I play every Sunday. My first decent acoustic guitar though was a $100 Epiphone back when I was about 9 years old, but compared to the Guild I have now it was a bear to play and I would never play on that quality of guitar again at this point.

What is the best guitar to buy for a beginner?




Annika





Answer
I recommend an Acoustic depending on how much you wanna pay Id recommend a Martin and Company they can price anywhere from 600-1500+ dollars. They have one of the best sounds Ive ever heard, also Ovation guitars they price anywhere from 800-3000 dollars. Sounds step but you would never have to worry about buying another acoustic. If you don't like the price you can look at Ibanez about 150- 300 dollars. With Electric guitars I highly recommend Ibanez RG series guitars 300-600 dollars and Gibson Les Paul 1500+ dollars. Any more question just email me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how much does an acoustic guitar cost?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment