Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Good, affordable classical guitar?




Matt


I have a really strong interest in classical guitar, and want to major in it for college. I dont have one, so il need to buy one. i dont have much knowledge on brands for classical guitars. Im looking at acoustic-classical. I cant spend much because i recently bought a new electric.

Here are some i found that i kinda liked for the price-
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GA35-Thinline-Acoustic-Electric-Classical-Guitar-108579822-i2808625.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-AEG10NII-Nylon-String-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-108579806-i2808607.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GA-Series-GA6CE-Classical-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-100613884-i1150629.gc



Answer
A classical guitar is a type of acoustic guitar, usually with nylon strings. And please don't buy your first guitar by mail. Some guitarists won't go anywhere near a Guitar Center, but they actually have some very good guitars in a wide price range there. I think it's more to do with the staff that may not be very knowledgeable about guitars--but it depends on which store you go to. The ones near me seem to have at least a few professional local musicians working there to earn money in-between gigs. At least, you are allowed and even encouraged to go in and try out the various guitars they have to see which one seems right for you. If you get a poorly made instrument that has a terrible sound (or one you don't like), or if it doesn't "feel" right to you for whatever reason, you won't want to play it. Since you apparently play guitar already, you will have a good idea of what to look for (though I can post some helpful sites that offer information on selecting a classical guitar).

The reason you can't just go by brand names only, is that guitars being made of natural materials will vary--even slightly--in sound. I know you like electric guitars, but you might want to consider getting a regular classical guitar with a more traditional body and one that doesn't plug in? If you are interested in playing classical music on the classical guitar and you want to MAJOR in it, you might pick the kind of guitar that serious classical guitarist would use (only in your price range). I don't think I've ever seen performance by classical guitar virtuosos like Segovia, Bream, Williams, Parkening, etc use a cutaway acoustic-electric guitar---even if it does have nylon strings.

By the way I bought my own classical guitar from Guitar Center in the same price range as yours (actually it was on sale or it would have cost a lot more). I am extremely satisfied with mine, but I don't consider myself a serious guitarist. It doesn't matter what "brand" I got, because I tried several guitars that day, include ones made by the same company and this is the one I chose (or felt it almost chose me).

You also might consider just holding off purchasing your guitar until you can save up a little extra money and get the best instrument you can.

There is nothing wrong with buying an used instrument, but again--try before you buy. It wouldn't hurt either to go to a real music shop (or luthier) because you might have better luck avoiding instruments with hidden structural damage or small defects that eventually turn into large ones and can spoil your playing.
http://www.ehow.com/video_5113604_types-classical-guitars.html
http://www.ehow.com/video_5113612_choose-classical-guitar.html
http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=60330
http://www.truthabouttheguitar.com/2011/06/top-10-classical-guitar-brands-for-real.html
http://www.heartwoodguitar.com/resources/buyguitar/

Is this acoustic guitar good for a lifetime guitar?




Yoshi


The Ibanez AEG10NE Acoustic-Electric Guitar (in black) is the one I wanna purchase. It'll be my first guitar and I don't plan on purchasing any new guitars in the future so if I buy it, it'll be my one and only lifetime guitar. Is it good for a lifetime guitar? Pros and cons? I really like the shape and the fact that it has a built-in tuner and standard amp connection.

Here's the link to the website for this guitar:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/ag_page11.php?area_id=2&data_id=22&color=CL02&year=2011&cat_id=3&series_id=414

Here's a quick video review of the guitar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0jVlNahY_U

Thanks in advanced for any help!



Answer
If you take good care of it , it should last you a long time. I have an old Kay F-hole guitar that I've owned since 1961 and it's still in great shape because I take good care of it. Carl is right though about the tone quality of a laminated top guitar, it's usually not the greatest sounding. I also wouldn't suggest ordering a guitar over the internet. Buying a guitar is a lot like buying a car, you need to check it out good , kick the tires and take it for a test drive to be sure there's nothing wrong with it and it's the right one for you. I would highly suggest that you go to a dealer and try some guitars in your price range and get the one you want that way, instead of taking a chance by ordering one. Good luck to ya!

Oh I almost forgot, unless you're planning on playing classical or flamenco style music you should go for a steel string guitar. A solid spruce top is usually the best way to go.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good, affordable classical guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment