Thursday, April 17, 2014

What guitar should I get?







At first I wanted guitars with really nice designs and a cutaway but after looking through comments and things I realised you also need to check out the quality and playability too. One I've found is http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/acoustic_guitars_detail.asp?stock=05022815233828. All of the guitars I've found on the website I'm searching at, the cutaway ones are electric acoustic, making them more expensive. I have no need for electric now, but I don't mind getting it because I may want electric acoustic later on. I've already got a guitar like the one above so I'd like a full acoustic guitar with a cutaway. If it's electric acoustic I don't mind but they are considerably higher in price and I don't have any need to play electric for now. Thanks!
The highest my parents are willing to pay is £310
Sorry I think I gave the wrong link http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/acoustic_guitars_detail.asp?stock=05022815233828
if that doesn't work its a Yamaha FG720S OBB Oriental Blue Burst
Sorry I think I gave the wrong link http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/acoustic_guitars_detail.asp?stock=05022815233828
if that doesn't work its a Yamaha FG720S OBB Oriental Blue Burst



Answer
I bought a really nice $600 Taylor acoustic guitar. It was not a cutaway and not electric... My only regret about buying/selling/returning 12+ guitars over 5 years? Not getting that acoustic with a cut-away and electric pickup built in... The same guitar with that would have only cost me another $100 and ugh, it would've been so worth it...
You can't really fix a non cut-away, but I looked into getting a soundhole pickup for it, and along with being a pain to mess with, it didn't sound near as good... Plus it was $70, meaning a good one would cost even more. So why not spend the $100 now (or save up for it!!) and get what you want, or what you will want, in the future?

NOW TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ! ! :D
Here are some guitars I would recommend... They should all have a cutaway and decent/good built-in pickups. Epiphone are average guitars (I personally hate them, but know people who love them). Fender makes very solid cheaper guitars, and great expensive ones. Yamaha.. I've never really been a fan, compared to other brands, but they make solid guitars as well.

For &169 - Epiphone
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/acoustic_guitars_detail.asp?stock=12082312114288
For &228 - Fender
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/acoustic_guitars_detail.asp?stock=11010310375032
For &293 - Yamaha
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/acoustic_guitars_detail.asp?stock=11011412171632

I'd also like to point out that going to try these guitars in person is a very good idea. Especially if you're stuck between two different ones. I know people who will go to Guitar Center many times over 2-3 months just trying to narrow it down between 2 dif guitars.

If I had to pick for you, I'd get the Fender for sure. Yamaha Second.

Question about guitar pick ups?




Wombat


Hi all,

I have an acoustic guitar, its an epiphone and it sounds ok.
I am thinking of buying this pick up -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cherub-WCP-55-Pickup-inch-Plug/dp/B001GCBVJA/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1339533342&sr=8-11

Its very cheap but has 'does the job' reviews which is all im looking for really. Will this give me a taste of electric guitar? does it sound anything like one?

+ does anyone know where I can find a small amp for that pick up.

Thanks



Answer
Hello there,

You cannot convert an acoustic to an electric guitar by putting a pickup on it. Different type of pickups. The pickup for an acoustic guitar is like a small mic. When plugged into an amp you have a louder acoustic sound. If you want the sound of an electric guitar, you need an electric guitar.

Later,




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What guitar should I get?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment