Monday, April 14, 2014

do you know of a good acoustic guitar for a beginner?




justme


I know that there are many different styles. I was thinking of a Epiphone Hummingbird Acoustic Guitar because I heard that it had a great sound. I don't want to break my pockets just yet, but I also don't want something that I'll need to replace in a month. I am only 5'1 and I really can't hold a huge Sherryl Crow style Jumbo guitar. I like the sound of Chris Cornell's guitar on his acoustic live show (on yahoo). I hope that's enough info to get a good answer. Thanks!
I also like Beck's sound in Sea Change especially golden age...



Answer
Look at the Washburn D10S. It's the top selling guitar in the world. Solid spruce top. It's a little smaller than a jumbo. If you have the $$$, look at the smaller bodied Guilds or Taylors.
Alvarez has some smaller bodied models also. Look at musiciansfriend.com and/or americanmusical.com.

Buying my first guitar?




Twirl


I've decided to learn how to play guitar, I want to buy one that's functional but not too pricey. I need to know:
a) What is a normal or average price for an acoustic guitar
b) What kinds of things need to be bought for an acoustic guitar, like strings, etc., and how much they cost
c) Does the shape of the guitar matter or is that just for looks?
d) What are some good, non-expensive guitar brands?
e) My friend's dad plays guitar and he has a lot of calluses on his fingers from pressing down on the strings. Is there any way to prevent this or to make it less painful?

Thank you!



Answer
a.) Epiphone, Ibanez, and Fender, and Alvarez make some very decent acoustic guitar packages for 199-299.

b) The packages ive mentioned above have everything you need to start playing, case, guitar tuner, extra strings, picks, shttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylt=AsWBV8FCFfzk0X8w8LpbfJmJxQt.;_ylv=3?link=answer&qid=20080701144350AAJ2rYRtrap and instructional dvd.

That particular link is of a guitar ive played, and is a very good guitar for a beginner.

c.) Yes.. shape and size, as well as woods used in the construction of a guitar make a world of difference in how it sounds. Smaller bodied acoustic guitars have more of a tendency to be a bit "brighter" in sound, while your larger bodies such as a dreadnaught or jumbo are very full and rich in sound.
d.) See a)!.. although, i will add yamaha, to this list as well.
e.) Callouses are common place in guitar playing. One option when starting out.. if you settle on an acoustic, swap the strings out that come on it with a set of electric guitar strings. Much easier to play, but you will sacrifice a bit in sound. Another option as well would be to start on electric.(much easier to play) In my many years of playing, as well as teaching some along the way, ive found that a beginning student practices more, and will also learn more by playing what they want to.. not what some one tells them they have to play.

I would not advise getting a guitar in an entry level price range by mail order though. Quality is very random in your entry level guitars, and if your dads friend is willing to go with you when you shop, i would highly recommend taking him along. His years of playing will help you in selecting a very playable instrument to make your learning experience a much more enjoyable one!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: do you know of a good acoustic guitar for a beginner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment