Monday, June 16, 2014

Cheap acoustic guitar?




L..


I've been playing guitar for about four years now, so naturally (and you fellow guitar players know how this is,) the itch for me to buy a new guitar is becoming greater and greater. I already have a $400 silvertone acoustic that I LOVE. But I'm thinking for my next guitar I might go for looks instead of sound quaility. I want to buy a cheap acoustic guitar without a finish, and then decorate it myself, with quotes, drawings etc.

Kind of like so:
http://www.zamarguitarinc.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/JoesGuitar.JPG.w300h400.jpg

But anyways, I'm not sure how to go about buying a cheap guitar, or what brand to choose. (Again, the sound quality is not SUPER important, as it won't be my primary guitar)

Suggestions? :) thanks

-L



Answer
i would try pawn shops... there cheap and most of the time they wont have a finish... pick board and are missing strings

Where can I find a cheap 6 string acoustic guitar?




Olivia


Where can I find an acoustic guitar for under $200. I have been searching for a guitar for the past few months and I have seen many cheap ones that don't really work for me. Also, in your opinion, what color looks best on an acoustic guitar? I don't care about the technicality of it, I just want an opinion. Thanks in advance!


Answer
Check with your local music store and see if they have any marked-down flat top acoustics. You could visit pawn shops and find a great one at little cost and you could find one that has a warped neck, outlandish heighth of the strings from the fretboard, and has holes where holes ought not to be. Take a guitarist with you should you choose to shop at the pawn shops.

Nicks and scratches will not affect the instrument's tone. I have an old parlor Gibson acoustic that looks like hammered hell, but it plays better than ever before.

The color of the guitar will be at your choosing. Select an acoustic with a blonde or a honey-blonde finished top. For the least expensive brands, the back and sides will normally be made of mahogany.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Cheap acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment