Saturday, May 24, 2014

Acoustic guitar...?




Bridget


I am trying to teach myself to play the acoustic guitar. I have a tutorial book and have found several online resources to help me, but I was wondering if there is any advice you could give me as a beginner. Is there anything you wish you'd known when you first started playing? Thanks.


Answer
As a guitar teacher my number one thing I try to keep telling my students is to have fun. Don't be afraid to try new stuff. If the book gives you a scale or something to practice...don't just practice it exactly the way it's written. Mess around with it, try to make a little song...or something like...but above all else...HAVE FUN!

Practice shouldn't be like homework.

And another thing I would suggest is to have a goal you're working towards...find a song you really want to know how to play, and work on learning it. The more you incorporate the stuff you're learning into the stuff you want to learn you will get much better, and have a lot more fun.

Hope that helps :-)

Beginner acoustic guitars?

Q. doing a little christmas shopping and I was wondering what some good beginner acoustic guitar brands are? I'm trying to find one for less then a $100 considering its a beginner guitar. Also the person is about 6 feet tall, is there a certian size guitar to get them or is it universal?
thanks so much!


Answer
Buy a guitar from a guitar store and nowhere else. Not from the internet and not from a big box store like Walmart or Best Buy. You will spend more but you will get a guitar that's good enough to not hold you back. Cheap $100 guitars tend to quickly go out of tune and often have poor intonation. Spend a little more and get a lot better.

Acoustic guitars come in a variety of shapes and sizes from the smallest (called Parlor) to the largest (called Jumbo). Also at the very large end of the scale is the size called dreadnought, which is by far the most popular size. Many people buy it and later regret it, as it's quite uncomfortable for most people to play for any length of time. At least try a smaller guitar before you buy a dread like everyone else.

Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Acoustic guitar...?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment