Saturday, October 19, 2013

What is a good beginner acoustic guitar for teen girls?

acoustic guitars for beginners with small hands
 on Great Beginner Guitars - Acoustic | Tonall
acoustic guitars for beginners with small hands image



Rachie


I'm 5'1 and my hands are very small. I need a good beginners acoustic guitar for a reasonable price. Also, what size would you suggest for me since my hands cannot fit around a full size guitar? Thanks!


Answer
Rachie,

The best way to find the right guitar is to go and play on several different ones.

You will be safe if you start looking along the lines of a Yamaha, Ibanez, Alvarez, Fender and possibly a Takemine.

I would ask the sale people to assist you in finding acoustics with slim necks, but you will definitely want a full body. Stay away from the small toy guitars.

http://www.all-things-acoustic-guitar.com/beginner-guitar.html covers this topic in depth, as well as many other aspects of the acoustic guitar. You might want to check it out to help in your research.

Good Luck

How to I keep the strings from buzzing when I play chords?




Veronica B


I need help from someone who knows quite a bit about guitars. I'm a beginner and I play the acoustic guitar. I have small hands and a full size guitar. When I press down on the frets, the strings tend to get buzzy and muffled. I need help to figure out how to play the chords smoothly and make a transition!


Answer
Any number of factors could be at play here. However, assuming your guitar is a good one, with a true neck, easy action, correct string height and smooth, well-placed frets, and that the neck is not too wide for you (or too narrow), the problem probably lies in how you're positioning your hands and fingers when you attempt to play the offending chords.

One thing I always stress with people (especially kids) I teach is to use their whole arm to form chords. If you stay loose at the shoulder, elbow, wrist AND fingers, forming chords is much easier. For instance, if a chord feels hard to make because your fingers are coming at it from the side and are muting other strings, try rocking your elbow forward so your fingers are coming down more of top of the strings. Don't try to work from a rigid hand, stay loose. Try variations on this theme to see if it might help.

Often chords are sloppy when you're first learning them. Sound each note of the chord to make sure it's resonating clearly. If it's muffled, adjust your hand (or other body part) accordingly to correct the situation. Once you get the hang of the chord form, it'll come easier and will sound like it's supposed to sound. I know you've heard it before but patience and practice are the only keys to progress. Keep at it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good beginner acoustic guitar for teen girls?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment