Monday, May 5, 2014

Looking for an affordable 12 string electric acoustic guitar, what should I buy?




preemption


I'm looking for a 12 string that is affordable (i.e., cheap), built-in pickup preferred, and decent quality for a hobby player. Any advice? Great music stores?


Answer
It depends on what you mean by 'cheap.' Takamine and Seagull both make pretty good cheap 12-string electric acoustics. The next step up would be Ovation and the Martin D12X1. After these products I've recommended, you start getting into good 12-strings that are pricey and around $1000 dollars and upward. For example, if you want to stay within a budget (splooging in a fiscally responsible manner) but get a more finely crafted one, the Taylor 355 is great for the money (upward of $1600 - it's a Jumbo, a bit different).

Is the EPIPHONE DR212 12-STRING ACOUSTIC a good guitar?




cRAZy897


Here's a link http://www.rockshop.co.nz/04/start.php
That's definitely the shop i'm going to buy my guitar from as I have got good guitars from and they have good service etc. My question is, is that a good choice for my first 12 string guitar? I it a reliable brand? Is it a good price for the quality they claim? My price range is below $500

If you can suggest a better one they are here
http://www.rockshop.co.nz/04/start.php

THANKS FOR ANY HELP :)



Answer
The best 12 string I ever owned was an Epiphone. Sadly, it got destroyed. Epiphones are mostly copies of their big brother Gibson's designs. Despite they are manufactured under cheaper methods, they rival the more expensive Gibson's. The 12 I had was a natural finish version copy of the model Gibson 12 string that Gordon Lightfoot plays. The one I had played better than the Gibson's I had played. I would suggest you go in and try it out. If they have more than one, ask to play them all before choosing. Identical guitars are not identical sounding and playing.

xx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Looking for an affordable 12 string electric acoustic guitar, what should I buy?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment