Saturday, May 10, 2014

Good acoustic guitar for a beginner?`?




Atoms For


I'm going to be learning guitar over the summer. I have musical aptitude and also play violin so it shouldn't be too bad, but I was wondering what kind of guitar would be best for me to get as a beginner. I don't want to spend too much money on it because it's just going to be a hobby unless I become very good at it. I'm 15, and planning to teach myself and get a few lessons. I'd say my price range is nothing over around $65. You don't have to give me links since I'm most likely going to buy from local music stores, but tell me what brand, type of picks, etc. Thanks so much! :D


Answer
$65 isn't enough. I think the cheapest startup guitar I've seen was a 100$ one.. but seriously you don't want a startup guitar. Save up some more money, ask for cash for your birthday/Christmas/etc., and get one that's at least $200. That way you won't have to deal with cheap parts, low quality wood, etc.

Really, getting a cheap guitar to start is the worst mistake a budding musician can make.

For picks, I like Dunlop picks myself. Get nylon picks because they're essentially plastic but they don't break or wear down at all. And as for the brand of guitar... I personally like Fender and Taylor acoustics but the store will probably let you try out a few.

Seriously though you aren't getting anything for $65 unless you buy some inexpensive wood and make the guitar yourself.

And bring someone who has played guitar for a while(not that kid down the block that smokes weed and plays Nirvanah all day), who is at least semi-serious about it. I'd say 3 years of playing should be enough to know what makes a good or bad guitar.

If you get a bad guitar, it will be frustrating and you won't have any fun. Look at it this way, do you want to spend half your playing time just trying to keep the thing in tune?

Oh and lessons wise, just use Ultimate-Guitar.com and Youtube. UG is great, has thousands of lessons(most of which are high quality) for free, and has a great userbase and forum to ask questions to. Youtube has videos if you're a strictly visual learner, and a lot of the lessons on there are pretty good.

Drop me an email if you need anything else or have any other questions.

Cheap Acoustic Beginner Guitar?




Jacqueline


Hi I wanna learn how to play the guitar. The problem is I dont know what guitar to buy! It has to be under 100$ and ive already been told dont trust walmart. By the way im 16 years old and i dont want a "kid" guitar I want the actual thing. I am a very determined person when I want to learn something...So if you can please give me links to under 100$ acoustic guitars ide appreciate it. Also ive been thinking this tho its a little pricey :/ http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jasmine-by-Takamine-S35-Acoustic-Guitar-101114072-i1148991.gc or this or http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-YAMAHA-F36P-WB-106575392-i1921752.gc so if you can give me your opinion on both of them Ide also appreciate it


Answer
Go to the music store and check out the Epiphone DR-100. They average at about $100 and are probably the best acoustic you can get on that budget.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-DR100-Acoustic-Guitar-?sku=518569

xx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good acoustic guitar for a beginner?`?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment