Saturday, June 7, 2014

acoustic guitar...?




Arif I


i want to buy an acoustic guitar. but i dunno what to look for. can somebody help me...? i'm not a beginner. n not an expert too.


Answer
I play classical guitar, but recently bought an acoustic, I didn't want to pay much as I was buying a new classical. So I checked out the Yamaha acoustic electric cutaway, it was $250.00, (sometimes even less on sale, and the Guitar Center is very good at droping the price) and I was so surprised at what a great sound that guitar had, so I bought it and was very pleased with it, it sounds just as good with or without the electric. They also come without the electric, just acoustic. They had so many of them it took me a few hours to pick out the one that I thought had the right action, sound, and feel, they all sounded just a little different. For this price I was very happy with my purchase !!!!!! There are a lot of other great acoustic guitars out there but I didn't want to spend a lot. Martin, Gibson, Taylor, Fenders, all make great acoustic guitars, and some of the Japanese are pretty good, it all depends on how much your willing to spend, and you didn't say what your budget was. So if your budget is low try that Yamaha and see what you think! Hope this helped some, bye.

What is the best acoustic guitar for a beginner?




AllThatGli


I want to start learning to play the guitar, but I do not know which guitar to start with. How much is a good quality guitar for beginners? A link would be awesome :)


Answer
Check the 1st link for some recommended guitars. Check the 2nd link for general info about guitars -- terminology, etc.

Your budget matters.

If you just want to try it out, a guitar around $100 may be adequate.

If you think you'll be serious about guitar, then I say go for something $250+. These are usually "solid-top" guitars, meaning the piece of wood that has the hole in it is better quality, made of whole wood. These guitars will sound better the more you play it, as the grains loosen up and something something.

Or, if money is no concern at all, then definitely go with a nice guitar haha. They're generally set up better, so it's easier to play... see following paragraph...

Finally, it's pretty important for you to go to a guitar store and try holding some of these guitars in a playing position:

1. Some guitars have thicker necks, some have thinner (easier to wrap your hand around).

2. The guitar's "action" is how high the strings are from the fretboard. The higher they are, the more force it takes to press down the strings = hard to play.

You could always get an opinion from the employees too. Or bring a guitarist friend.

I started with a $200 Washburn D10S, which has been through rough times but I still love playing it. The frets are getting worn down / dented because I've played it so much. Also, because it wasn't that fancy/expensive, I wasn't afraid to take it to the beach and out camping, etc. Nor did I freak out when I bumped it into desks and stuff. -- No matter how careful I was, as a beginner I didn't have a good feel of the guitar yet so it was easy to bump it into things. 7 years later I finally bought a nicer guitar, but I give it too much tender loving care to take it to the beach or something.

In no particular order, here are popular brands for which you'll be able to find "beginner" guitars:

Alvarez
Epiphone (non-luxury version of Gibson)
Fender
Ibanez
Jasmine (non-luxury version of Takamine)
Martin
Seagull
Takamine
Taylor
Washburn
Yamaha




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: acoustic guitar...?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment