Friday, June 6, 2014

What is the best reasonably inexpensive acoustic guitar? ?




Lizzie


I have played a few musical instruments - piano, flute, drums before and am interested in picking up the acoustic guitar.
I would be primarily teaching myself as lessons are expensive and friends and stuff have already started to teach me a few things.
I was looking at some of those packs which come with like all the starter stuff you need as well as like DVDs to teach you.
Are these good value and do they come with reasonable guitars?
I am only looking for leisure but I don't want to get like a really cheap crappy guitar.. but nothing too ridiculously expensive..
I was wondering what is my best options? and what price I should be looking at for a reasonable guitar?



Answer
Those starter kits are generally okay if you just want to get a lot of accessories, but if I were you I would just spend the money on an acoustic and a hardshell case (don't get a softshell case or gig bag, whatever you do).

There are so many different kinds of acoustics out there and such a broad range of prices. I'm not quite sure what you consider to be a reasonable entry level price, so I'll give you my opinions on a few price ranges:

Less than $100 - Stay away from these... honestly. Unless it's a used guitar that originally cost a lot more, in good condition, and you've played it and know that it is okay.

$100-$200 - Ibanez and Yamaha make several good models in this range, Alvarez even makes a good model (the RD6). I started with an Ibanez and loved it. I'd stay away from Fenders, Jasmine, Rogue. In this price range, you might want to stay away from fancy finishes and body designs (like cutaways). Focus on getting better wood and hardware, because that can make all the difference for acoustics in this price range.

$200-$300 - Washburn, Takamine, and Alvarez have several good models. If you are willing to pay around $300 for an acoustic, you should look for a solid top acoustic (the top of the guitar's body is made from solid piece of wood, generally spuce). Solid tops will give a lot better resonance.

$300-$500 - There are several once you get to this range. Personally I like some of the lower-end Breedlove and Martin guitars. If you are going to pay this much for a guitar, even if you are going to buy it online, you need to play a model to make sure you like it. Several years ago I was about to buy an Epiphone acoustic online, but went to Guitar Center to play one and hated it. Go to Musiciansfriend.com and compare some of the guitars in this price range. For this price you can begin to start looking at attractive finishes (like sunbursts), and cutaway models... just get something that you like.

For an entry level guitar, there is no need to pay more than $500. You'll be able to get a lot more guitar for your money if you buy one at Guitar Center or online. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't go to a shop and look/play around. Also, unless you plan on playing with a live band, you don't need to get an acoustic-electric. I have one because I played with a praise band for a while at my church. However, outside of that... I've never really used the electric side of it. If you ever needed to amplify the guitar, a microphone positioned by the sound hole often sounds just as good.

Let me know if you need any more info or advice. I'd be glad to help.

looking for an inexpensive acoustic guitar?




eat_slp.fi


this is for a 9 yr old who most likely will not take care of it so not really willing to spend big money but would like it to be true to note looking for brand suggestions around or under $50


Answer
Yeah, at that price you'll get a piece of junk. Even at $100 it's hard to find anything good enough for a beginner to actually learn to play on. A more reasonable price for a first guitar would be $150-300. It should be purchased from a store specializing in musical instruments.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best reasonably inexpensive acoustic guitar? ?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment