Sunday, June 1, 2014

What's a good acoustic guitar for under 100 dollars?







I'm wanting to get a guitar (I've never played before), and I want one that's good but also on the cheaper side because, well, I'm no expert. Also, is there anything else I should pick up as a beginner? Thanks!


Answer
Your best option is to go to a guitar store and try some out.
Squier is a good brand for beginners, it's Fender's entry level models, they're not bad.
You might need to spend a little more than $100, but not much more, if you get a crappy guitar you will need to buy a better one in a few months if you stick with it.
Might be worth getting yourself a beginners book too.
Look for lessons online, youtube has hundreds of guitar tutorial videos.

Which is a decent electric guitar for under £100?




BEST ANSWE


hey im a beginner and want a guitar, i want to learn to play stuff like, green day, nirvana, jimi hendrix, and just basically those psychedelic riffs.

please recommend me some, i cant afford stuff like gibson and fenders as their like £200 plus :(
it doesn't have to be insanely good, as im only just learning to play, but i still dont want a rubbish one lol thanks
ahaha yes it is, really need a decent guitar as im getting summer holidays and want to practice hehe
excuse the questions got soooo much to ask :)



Answer
Hello there,

Seems to be the night for beginner guitar questions. If that was your question I just answered, please excuse the repetition.

You can learn to play on any guitar no matter how poorly constructed it is, if you want to learn badly enough. I did just that. I started playing when I was 7. I spent about $5 (US) on an beaten up ancient acoustic guitar (even ancient when I bought it in 1957). That was because that was as much money as I could earn (I was only 7 and my parents could not afford to help me). It was a struggle. I nearly quit several times because I sounded so terrible, but I stuck it out. When I got a better guitar (this one was just bad as opposed to lousy like the first one) I sounded a little better. It was still difficult to play, but I learned. So, yes you can learn on anything. However, I do not recommend that route to anyone. It is hard enough to learn to play without handicapping yourself with a lousy guitar.

A good starter guitar is the Squier Strat. The Squier Standard is good, the Squier Affinity and Bullet not quite as good. However they are cheap and better than the no brand name guitars you see offered cheap. Try to find a used one. You can get a better quality used guitar for around the same price as a new low qualty one. I think of it as just being a smart shopper. Since funds are limited, put in more effort to find the best deal you can. Stay away from starter packages. The guitars may be all right, but the amps are not. I do not like the sound from the small practice amps. The speakers make even a good guitar sound tinny. You cannot play psycedelic rock on a 15 watt practice amp.

I don't know how available they are outside the US, but the older Peavey Strat clones are good guitars. Yamaha made some decent Strat clones. If you can find a Squier made in Japan or Korea within your price range, grab it. Those were made in the late 80s and are very good guitars.

Your are going to need a decent amp to play psychedic rock. If you can find a used Line 6 Spider 30 watt combo amp used at an acceptable price, that would be good. It has a model built in that would work well for psychedlic rock. That means you would not have to buy pedals right away. One pedal you would still need is a wah wah pedal. Watch eBay for a good used one. They turn up on there every now and then.

Working with limited funds, does not mean you have to settle for lousy gear. It just means you have to work harder to find good gear at a low price.

I started playing the music made by that acid rock electric-blues guitarist back in 67. Folks around me thought I was nuts. After Woodstock then finally figured out who Jimi Hendrix was. He was fabulous to hear and amazing to watch. He did things with a guitar I never dreamed were possible. His music is not easy to learn, but well worth the effort.

Later,

Hello again,

This is a good starter guitar and will not break the bank.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Squier-Stratocaster-SunBurst-/150456259072?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2307e45200

Also, check out this amp. Line 6 Spider II 30 Watts.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Line-6-Spider-II-30-watt-amp-/230487265119?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item35aa1c8f5f




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's a good acoustic guitar for under 100 dollars?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment