Saturday, June 7, 2014

How to increase the loudness of the thicker E string of my guitar?




Nawodh


I just bought a semi acoustic guitar and its thicker E string and A string have a very low loudness relative to others . Its same when i plug it into a guitar amp , lower strings are very loud and uper ones are not . the guitar is perfectly tuned . Is it the same with other guitars ? Is there any solution for it ?
thanks



Answer
Am I right in thinking you have a "semi hollow body" Electric guitar like an Epiphone DOT or ES335 type?

Semi-acoustic I believe is the term used in Europe and UK for semi hollow electrics.
Electro acoustic is what jcr is thinking of, maybe...

I think you can adjust the balance of the pickups by adjusting the height on one side or the other.
(please correct me if I'm wrong, guys!)
I would take it back to the store and mention your concerns and see if they can help you fix it. Not something that you should do yourself at this stage.

OR
you could try getting some Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky strings, which have thicker wound strings than the gauge of the plain strings.
I have used those for years to get a more powerful bottom end.
That is what I would do first.
It could be that the "factory strings" are just cheap pieces of crap and a new set is all it needs.

Which guitar colour should i get?




Stupid Gen


I was looking for a cheap guitar for my friend who wants to start playing guitar so i found this one which had various colours to chose from so which one looks best for you guys/girls?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Size-Acoustic-Concert-Classic-Guitar-4-4-Many-Different-Colours-Available-/330693980630?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&var=&hash=item4cfee5b1d6



Answer
I wouldn't touch that price wise in terms of a guitar, as a playable instrument. Four times that would need spent to make it into a semi reliable, and playable instrument. Guitars in that price range are usually of the lowest possible quality, and give people starting out so much trouble, that they can tend towards wanting to give up playing. One of the biggest issues will be staying tuned properly. The cheap guitars don't stay tuned. You might do better through a local pawnshop for guitar.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to increase the loudness of the thicker E string of my guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment