Thursday, September 5, 2013

What is a good material that resonances like wood for an acoustic guitar?

best acoustic guitar wood
 on Guitar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
best acoustic guitar wood image



Doctor Doc


I may be mistaken but I heard that they use wood in acoustic guitars because it is good for sound resonance and vibration... I am wondering if there is other materials that are just as good for amplifying sound...I think you get the picture. Please and thank you.


Answer
Ya some plastic such they build sandboxes out of. go to Walmart and ask to feel some sandboxes. then go to guitar center and ask if they have guitars that are made from the plastic of sandboxes.

What type of wood is good for building an acoustic guitar?




Kristina


I wanna build a nice acoustic guitar with good sound not a cheap walmart brand what type of wood would that be?


Answer
Are we talking classical or steel string acoustic? They use different woods.

I'm a girl who has an interest in woodworking and instrument building. (I even went to a violin making school for a while) I was interested in making a classical guitar, so I got a good book to see how it was done. Good grief!!! Let's just say I haven't made one yet! haha People DO make them, however, and if you want to give it a try, get some good books on making the kind of guitar you like, then be prepared to spend some $$$$ to get started.

Here's my favorite company for guitar tonewood and tools (even though I haven't made one). http://www.lmii.com

Best luck!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good material that resonances like wood for an acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment