Monday, October 21, 2013

How to read guitar tabs?

acoustic guitar tabs for beginner songs
 on Beginner Guitar Chord Chart
acoustic guitar tabs for beginner songs image



kasandra


I am have a lot of trouble learning to read guitar tabs. I am a beginner do not take lessons. I am in need lots of help. Really just with reading tabs. Please if it helps the song I have the tabs for "weightless-All time low". By the way i have an Acoustic Guitar.
i am not planning to take lessons because, i have no way to get there. I signed up at one point so all i need is help with tabs :]



Answer
hold on, i'll explain..just hold on lol. okay:

here are some tabs from the song "The Saltwater Room"
by Owl City:

e|------------------------------------------|
B|--------3-------0-----------3-------0--|
G|------0---0---0-----------0---0---0----|
D|----2-------2-----------2-------2------|
A|--3-------------------3----------------|
E|---------------------------------------|

I know it looks hard, but it's super easy.
First, make sure the neck of your guitar is pointing left(<- this way) Now, the 'E' represents the string way at the very bottom of your guitar(lowest string). And 'e' represents the string way at the top (highest string). I'm hoping you can guess what all the strings in between represent.

This part is a little hard.
The numbers on the strings represent the fret. So for example, I would strum an 'A' on the third fret, and a 'D' on the second fret. When you see a '0' it means that you don't hold that string down. Just strum it like you see it.

You should practice that song i used as an example. It's so easy. It's only three notes..if that's what you call it lol. Just practice until you get it right. :D

Btw, i barely learned how to read tabs after i first read your question. ^_^ if you need to ask me anything, just email me.[:

What are some easy, but fun, guitar tabs for the acoustic guitar?

Q. I'm a beginner at the guitar, but I know how to read tabs. Do you know any easy tabs I can play on the acoustic guitar?

Thanks!


Answer
Hey There!
Well to begin with you want to be learning to play small riffs, or the basic chords to a song so you can play along with it.

For example when I began playing I learnt to read tab and then searched all the basic guitar chords (A,B,C,D,E,F,G & Am,Bm,Cm,Dm,Em,Fm,Gm) "m means minor". Once I had learnt these I began playing small songs such as the "james bond" riff.. Or something like (Smoke on the water - deep purple)

All of these tabs can be easily found on the following websites:
www.ultimate-guitar.com
www.guitaretab.com/
www.guitarzone.com/
www.911tabs.com/

PS you may also want to watch some video lessons on YouTube.com.

Hope this helps yah!
Daniel,




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to read guitar tabs?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment