Saturday, October 26, 2013

What electric acoustic guitar should I buy?

best acoustic guitar $700
 on Vintage Hofner Acoustic Archtop Guitar | Vintage Archtop Guitar
best acoustic guitar $700 image



OctoNightK


I'm looking to buy an electric acoustic guitar. I'm an intermediate player so I want something that isn't cheaply made but it doesn't have to be pro material either. I'm looking to spend no more than $700. Any suggestions or at least a band I should look at?


Answer
No one can ever tell you which guitar you should buy because everyone has their own likings. Go try a whole bunch out until you find one you like. The thing i look for the most is neck comfort. If its not narrow or thin or thick enough to your liking don't get it because it'll make you hate playing it.

What is a good price for a used acoustic guitar?




Dastan


I am thinking of buying a used acoustic guitar that has brand new strings... what would be a good price for it?


Answer
A decent beginners acoustic guitar like a Yamaha FG700S would cost about $200 new. I've looked on Ebay though and they're still around $175 even for a used one. A Yamaha FG720S is about $280 new though and I got one on Ebay recently for $170 including the shipping. That was a pretty good deal and made a great gift for my daughter. My personal opinion as a player for 40 years and teacher for 30, is that Yamaha makes the best beginner level guitars and it's well worth the money to get an FG700S or FG720S with a solid spruce top. They are great guitars for the money. You can get a cheaper guitar but they don't play or sound nearly as nice as the Yamahas. As JCR said though, either buy from a store or have an experienced guitarist check out a used guitar for you before you buy it if you're new to guitar.

If you're looking for something a bit higher end, I can tell you that I recently got a very nice Martin OMC-1E on Ebay for $700. Those cost about $1200 new when they were made (that model is discontinued), so I think I got a good deal on it.

To get a decent quality used acoustic guitar though, I'd look to spend at least $150. You might pick up a Takamine Jasmine or Epiphone DR100 with a laminate top for about $75, but they're only $99 brand new and the plywood top just doesn't have the tone of a solid wood top. Spend a bit more and I think you'll be happier.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What electric acoustic guitar should I buy?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment