Sunday, October 20, 2013

what good quality brand acoustic guitar for a beginner like me to buy that is cheap?

good cheap acoustic guitar brands
 on Electric Guitar Cases Cheap | Electric Guitar Stores
good cheap acoustic guitar brands image



Person XYZ


i want to buy an acoustic guitar and i'm a beginner and i have totally no idea what brands are good quality but is also quite cheap.. i want to play the guitar just for fun, nothing serious.. want to play some mainstream songs, mainly like Paramore's acoustics, kings of leons etc. :D thank you !


Answer
Yamaha acoustics are great, i have one. Ibanez acoustics are good too. Don't get a fender. you will regret it.

What is a good price for a used acoustic guitar?




Dastan


I am thinking of buying a used acoustic guitar that has brand new strings... what would be a good price for it?


Answer
A decent beginners acoustic guitar like a Yamaha FG700S would cost about $200 new. I've looked on Ebay though and they're still around $175 even for a used one. A Yamaha FG720S is about $280 new though and I got one on Ebay recently for $170 including the shipping. That was a pretty good deal and made a great gift for my daughter. My personal opinion as a player for 40 years and teacher for 30, is that Yamaha makes the best beginner level guitars and it's well worth the money to get an FG700S or FG720S with a solid spruce top. They are great guitars for the money. You can get a cheaper guitar but they don't play or sound nearly as nice as the Yamahas. As JCR said though, either buy from a store or have an experienced guitarist check out a used guitar for you before you buy it if you're new to guitar.

If you're looking for something a bit higher end, I can tell you that I recently got a very nice Martin OMC-1E on Ebay for $700. Those cost about $1200 new when they were made (that model is discontinued), so I think I got a good deal on it.

To get a decent quality used acoustic guitar though, I'd look to spend at least $150. You might pick up a Takamine Jasmine or Epiphone DR100 with a laminate top for about $75, but they're only $99 brand new and the plywood top just doesn't have the tone of a solid wood top. Spend a bit more and I think you'll be happier.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what good quality brand acoustic guitar for a beginner like me to buy that is cheap?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment