Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What is a great holiday/christmas song I could play at a school performance?

best acoustic guitar jazz songs
 on Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II Electric Guitar Natural View
best acoustic guitar jazz songs image



Anthony


I'm going to be playing a tune for a school assembly next week. To be specific I'll be playing acoustic guitar and singing. Genres I usually play are jazz, blues and songs from male singer-songwriters from '95 until now. Any suggestions are appreciated, so thank you in advance :)


Answer
Elvis' Blue Christmas is always a good choice

What type of guitar lessons should I get?




lolz


The place where I'm learning to play acoustic guitar offers two styles. Rock/pop/jazz and classical. Which should I take? I've never played guitar but I've been playing piano for five years now, if that makes a difference. Also, what's an example of a classical song for the guitar and what's an example of a rock, pop, or jazz song for the guitar?


Answer
Rock pop and jazz you will probably learn more chords and things. It would be good if you want to play actual songs that you know. My father plays classical guitar and I find all the songs that he plays very beautiful, but he often tells me how frustrated he gets playing for people when they say "why don't you play a song that we know?". He started teaching me a few months ago, I don't know what style it would be considered. I only know how to play the song Horizons by genesis, blackbird by the beatles, and some classical song called La Grima. I just learned from copying what he did, thats how I learned to play classical piano as well. I realize that not everyone can learn that way though.
If I were you I would go classical because I bet somebody with a foundation in classical will be able to pick up on rock pop and jazz songs easily, but not the othe way around.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a great holiday/christmas song I could play at a school performance?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment