Sunday, September 29, 2013

What is better a Classical Acoustic Guitar or an Acoustic Guitar?

acoustic guitar beginner mistakes
 on 2013 Honda Civic Tour featuring Maroon 5 Special Guest Kelly Clarkson ...
acoustic guitar beginner mistakes image



can't stop


I'm new in this whole guitar thing. I'm buying my own tomorrow and I have no idea what to get, either a classical acoustic guitar or just a normal acoustic guitar. What's a better buy? Please help me. I'm just a beginner.

Thnx in advance.!



Answer
I was in the same situation as you last year. I went with a Classical Guitar, BIG mistake. Classical guitars are not bad by any means, it just wasn't the right guitar for the music I play. I play modern music such as Jack Johnson, John Mayer, etc. I now have a regular acoustic guitar, and the songs I play sound a lot better. A regular acoustic also has more frets on it. Hope I helped!

I wanna start playing guitar should i buy an acoustic first or an electric?




Paul


Id rather play an electric guitar but some one told me i should learn with an acoustic guitar first. And can i get something decent for around a 100 bucks


Answer
This is a highly debated subject. People give a few different reasons to go acoustic so lets break those down.

1) Cost, you don't have to buy an amp with an acoustic. Yes, this is true, but it is also true that for what you will pay for a decent playing solid top acoustic you could have gotten an electric guitar and amp. Someone mentioned amps not coming with effects, but almost all beginners amps will be solid state with built in effects. The Line 6 is a perfect example.

2) Acoustic makes your hands stronger. Again, true, but do your hands need to be strong enough to play acoustic if you only want to play electric? No.

3) Acoustic allows you to hear your mistakes better in the beginning. No one here mentioned this and to me it is the only valid point that can be made for starting on acoustic. Since the acoustic has a more pure sound you can more easily tell if you are doing something wrong usually, but honestly this is no deal breaker to me.

Any guitar teacher will tell you that about 1 in 10 of the people that start learning guitar will actually follow through with it. The other 9 will quit. So the biggest obstacle in learning guitar is just keeping your interest so you don't give up. If you are into AC/DC for instance you won't be happy learning on an acoustic and will be more likely to quit. If you are into Taylor Swift type stuff you'll love acoustic. Also understand that because an acoustic will generally have higher action and thicker strings, it will be harder on your fingers to play it. When you start talking about acoustics under $300 then you have an even harder guitar to play. I have picked up many $200 electrics that played very good. I have never picked up a $200 acoustic that played well. So bottom line, get the type of guitar that your are most interested in, that's all that matters.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is better a Classical Acoustic Guitar or an Acoustic Guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment