Sunday, September 29, 2013

What is a good beginner guitar for an 8 year old girl?

cheap acoustic guitars for kids
 on Kids Guitar Cake
cheap acoustic guitars for kids image



Pink1967


My 8 year old daughter wants to learn how to play guitar. I bought her a kids guitar last year but it's so cheap that the strings don't stay tuned and the fret board is loose. I'd like to get her an acoustic guitar but one that's smaller so she can learn to play it well. I want to spend under $200 if possible.


Answer
Yamaha makes a relatively sturdy and very nice sounding guitar that you can probably get in a kit with a strap and tuner at Sam Ash or music123.com. It is a full-size guitar (but "full size" is relative, as it's smaller than most professional guitars), but I simply have not seen a child-size guitar that's made well. Let her try one at the store to make sure.

Is Taylor a good brand of acoustic guitars for beginners?







I can sort of play the keyboard, I do not really play any other instruments. I cannot read music notes but I know the basics. I want to become a singer/songwriter and I want to learn to play the acoustic guitar. As a beginner I found two Taylor acoustic guitars online at Best Buy that are cheap enough for me to save my money and buy one of them. I would like to know if it is a reliable brand for beginners.


Answer
Taylor makes great guitars so in general, you can't go wrong with that. However, buying guitars online can be something of a hit and miss affair when you're just starting out.

You really should be able to try the guitars first before you decide to purchase the instrument or not.

I suspect you've been looking at the Baby Taylor guitars. Although these are good guitars, they are not full size. They are somewhat limited in volume and tone. You should really go for a regular full size steel string acoustic. And again, you definitely want to try this out for yourself...

You will definitely do best if you buy from a dedicated guitar/music dealer. Oh, and stay well away from First Act instruments. These are nothing but kids toys.

Edited for spelling errors...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good beginner guitar for an 8 year old girl?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment