Friday, April 11, 2014

What type of wood is good for building an acoustic guitar?







I wanna build a nice acoustic guitar with good sound not a cheap walmart brand what type of wood would that be?


Answer
Are we talking classical or steel string acoustic? They use different woods.

I'm a girl who has an interest in woodworking and instrument building. (I even went to a violin making school for a while) I was interested in making a classical guitar, so I got a good book to see how it was done. Good grief!!! Let's just say I haven't made one yet! haha People DO make them, however, and if you want to give it a try, get some good books on making the kind of guitar you like, then be prepared to spend some $$$$ to get started.

Here's my favorite company for guitar tonewood and tools (even though I haven't made one). http://www.lmii.com

Best luck!!

How should I clean an acoustic (wood) guitar?




kris_light


A little kid got marshmalow on my guitar and I need a safe way to get it off.


Answer
It depends on the finish on the guitar, how old it is, what make and model. If it is a collectible, let a professional tech do it. What ever you do. Don't use an oil based solvent. It will ruin the finish and stain the wood. If the finish is thick or new, then a damp cloth should do it. A marshmallow is only puffed up sugar so water alone should dissolve it but go slowly and in stages and allow to dry in between treatments if the wood is getting wet. Water will dissolve the glue in the guitar and warp the wood if you use to much at once.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of wood is good for building an acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment