Monday, April 7, 2014

I want to buy a left handed acoustic guitar. I am a beginner. Any advice?




Moops


On type, how much I should consider spending (I am afraid too cheap will fall apart and too expensive is kind of unnecessary) Is the 3000 dollar acoustic really better than the 1000 dollar one? Or 100 dollar one? Am I buying the name? I don't really care about having a name brand or fancy looking guitar if they all work the same. Thanks for any advice you can give.


Answer
Basic advice: For a beginner, dont spend too much on a guitar. You might not end up liking it, or might not end up playing it much at all. I would get one for like 200 give or take and then practice, practice, practice. Once you get good enough, you should then go buy a better guitar.

Also, i would highly recommend taking guitar lessons. Guitar lessons produce amazing results rather than learning on your own.

Electric Guitar Advice?




augustrush


I am a beginner with guitars, I started playing about a year ago, and I play acoustic at the moment. Apparently learning electric guitar is a step up from that. Does anyone have any advice about picking out a guitar?


Answer
I don't know where this idea of needing to play acoustic guitar before you play electric guitar came from. It's no more difficult or complicated. They're different, yet very similar, instruments. If you want to play electric guitar, play electric guitar. You don't need to play acoustic guitar as some sort of goofy stepping stone (an idea that is, quite honestly, demeaning to acoustic guitarists)

My only advice is that you don't get the cheapest thing you can find. Those $100 boxes with a guitar/amp/etc are nothing but trash. Those things are basically for parents who don't support their children or their desire to learn music. You buy a crap instrument, you get crap results. There are so many things about a poor quality instrument that can fight you every step of the way. It won't stay in tune, the neck isn't straight, the intonation is off... basically, everything you play could sound terrible, and because you don't know any better, you'll think that you just suck. That's pretty discouraging!

Aim to spend at least $150 on the GUITAR alone. Personally, I would go a little higher, maybe $250. As far as entry level guitars go, Ibanez makes the best in my opinion. They aren't the best sounding instruments, but the build quality of a low-end Ibanez is MUCH higher than a Squier or the cheaper Epiphones.

Of course, how it feels in YOUR hands is extremely important, so head over to your local guitar store and see what they've got in the $150-$250 range.

For you first amp, I recommend one of the Roland Cube models. They're inexpensive, sound great, and are very versatile.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I want to buy a left handed acoustic guitar. I am a beginner. Any advice?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment