Sunday, April 6, 2014

Should I learn Acoustic before I learn Electric Guitar?




Billy E


I'm looking to learn Electric Guitar over the next few years. I was just wondering if it's better to learn how to play regular Acoustic first?


Answer
Whether you learn on electric or acoustic guitar, you have to master the same skills. Both types of guitar are tuned and played the same way, so it's possible to learn on either one. I'm a believer in starting on acoustic for a few reasons.

Acoustic guitar is pure guitar. There are no electronics and amp to mess with. There are no effects like distortion to cover up poor technique. It can be a lot of fun to crank up an amp and pretend you're a rock star...even though you only know 3 chords. I've been there. It's also a distraction that can side-track you from actually learning.

Most beginners start out with an inexpensive guitar, then upgrade after they've learned to play. Since you don't need an amp to play acoustic, you can get a better guitar for the same money. Then, when you've mastered some basic skills and are ready to upgrade, you can get a decent electric...not some cheap beginner model and practice amp. Plus, you'll still have that acoustic to play outside or places where you don't have an amp. Believe me..no matter how into electric you are, you still will want an acoustic around the house.

Bottom line: you can learn on either acoustic or electric but there are good reasons to start on acoustic guitar.

How hard is it to learn acoustic guitar?




megan


I'm getting a acoustic guitar for Christmas.
I already know what kind and everything it is a Fender CD-60CE
is this a good one?( for a beginner?)
its about $300
I'm really dedicated to learning.
but how long do you think it'll take to actually be good
(for a beginner)



Answer
Well acually , its much easyier to learn on a electric , because you dont have to push your fingers down as hard .
thats the worst part , just trying to keep your fingers down tight . other than that the acoustic is just fine to learn on , its pretty good and it has an awesome light folk sound .
and the guitar you picked is siqq yo !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I learn Acoustic before I learn Electric Guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment