Friday, August 2, 2013

What is a good electric guitar/amp/pedal for hardcore/metal music?

cheap electric acoustic guitar uk
 on Crafter Lite TCD Acoustic Guitar
cheap electric acoustic guitar uk image



Dakota1993


I have experience on an acoustic but have never really dabbled in electric guitars so im lost. I need to know a good guitar, amp, and whatever pedals I will need for hardcore or metal music. Im looking for a good bit of distortion but that the same time something clear. My price range isnt anything great. I got about $1500 to spend. Thanks!


Answer
Guitar: Ideally I'd suggest going for a First Act, as so many absolute guitar heroes from the genres you've mentioned have First Act signature models, but I think all there models are out of your price range. I would suggest an Epiphone SG G-400 http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Epiphone/G-400.aspx: a really great model for very cheap, with a classic gibson tone while also having an "alternative" sound to the les paul. Ibanez also have really good, really versatile models that are excellent for any style of metal, hardcore, technical or punk. I don't have much experience with Ibanez so you would be better trying these out for yourself. I have had great experience playing these styles on Washburn Idols as well http://www.washburn.com/electrics/original-idol-series/
For pedals, all you will need at first is a good distortion. I would suggest anything made by Boss. However, if you really want to develop your own sound, I'd suggest trying some Electro Harmonix pedals because they have a very unique tone, but aren't as widely used as Boss.
Finally, although I've given you a lot of options for guitars and pedals, the only amp I would truely recommend is Blackstar http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/ they have an absolutely delicious tone, you really have to try these for yourself! Definitely the unsung heroes of the amp world.

I hope this has helped! I'm looking forward to seeing the other answers in this question, as these are also my two favourite genres to play on guitar.

What is a cheap, but good acoustic guitar?




J


I currently have a nice electric guitar, and I've been playing for about a year, but I'm looking into buying an acoustic. I'm not doing great on funds, so I'm trying to find a cheap, yet reliable guitar. Any recommendations? I don't mind the brand, as long as it doesn't cost too much, and sounds good.


Answer
I agree with the previous answer: "cheap" and "good" are mutually exclusive when talking about guitars. You'll find that most "cheap" guitars are "reliable" though, just not very good in the first place!

You'll be able to find plenty reasonably-priced/inexpensive guitars that are okay though. I have no experience of Eastman guitars but have heard good things about them. Googled "Eastman guitars" and found an acoustic at over £400 (I'm in The UK) - not "cheap".




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good electric guitar/amp/pedal for hardcore/metal music?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment