Monday, December 9, 2013

Beginning guitar, epiphone les paul special 2 or squier stratocaster?

best acoustic guitar pickup review
 on Show details for Squier Affinity Jazz Bass V Guitar (Five Strings)
best acoustic guitar pickup review image



Chasing Ca


I'm new to guitar, and i've played acoustic for a little.

I wanted some opinions on whether to get the epiphone les paul special 2 or the squier stratocaster.

Thanks.



Answer
Well, it is mostly about the feel you get for it when you hold it, but there are some factors.

The Les Paul models, be it Gibson or Epiphone, tend to be heavier than a strat. If you want to play more standing then the strat might be a good option, but if you get a good strap, the the Epiphone would be O.K. too.

I'm currently looking at buying an Epiphone Les Paul studio, and I've heard good and bad reviews. A lot of players really like it, because it is lighter than a Gibson, and they say it plays well. I have also heard that Epiphone went cheap on the electronics, and most of the people replaced the wiring with better pickups and wiring for better sound and had no complaints after that.

As for Squire, I haven't heard anything good about them. I have heard that the body is often shoddy and cheaply put together, and the wiring and pickups are bad too.

If you really want a stratocaster, maybe look up the Fender Starcaster. It was my first electric guitar, and it is fairly cheap. The set includes a strat guitar, a cable, an amp, 3 picks, and electric tuner, and gig bag, and a DVD. It is still a stratocaster, but I will admit that the pickups aren't great. Style wise the guitar is actually pretty slick looking and is fairly lightweight. I got my set for somewhere around 125 bucks, and it is worth it for a first guitar.

Sorry for the length, but I hope I helped out a little.

What are the laymans terms for a guitar pickup?







Im just starting out as a guitarist and I'll look at reviews for guitars and sometimes it'll say that the pickup is good/bad. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEIR TALKIN ABOUT! I know it has something to do with the sound though. I'll google it, but then all this stuff about electromagnet waves comes up. I just need a simple explanation. PLEASE!!!!!!


Answer
A guitar pickup is the thing below your fretboard. it picks up the strings sounds so they will come through your Amp in electric guitars. Humbuckers are pickups with two strips to them and are more suited to heavier music, since they make the strings sound deeper and have more bass, while standards only have 1 strip and are suited to rock and acoustic stuff. different pickups will make a guitar sound different through an amplifier. Hope i could help :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Beginning guitar, epiphone les paul special 2 or squier stratocaster?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment