Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sm7b PreAmp Beginner Needs Help "Harsh Vocals"?

best acoustic guitar for 500-600 dollars
 on Retrofret - Gibson J-35 Flat Top Acoustic Guitar (1937) - Brooklyn, NY
best acoustic guitar for 500-600 dollars image



Chance


Hello everybody, i will be purchasing an Sm7b very shortly i figured it would last me several years and would be a great at home/studio mic however i am on a very tight budget "500-600 dollars". I was looking at the Line 6 Ux2 so i could do both vocal- and guitar direct recording due to me having a terrible mixer in which i use at the moment and wanted to upgrade. however i do not know if the line 6 ux2 would completely ruin every potential the sm7b has, i currently have a shure 58 and as i a said a terrible little mixer i bought . with both the sm7b and line 6 ux2 i hit a little over 500. any suggestion? i will be using the mic for harsh vocals most if not all the time "screams" and maybe a couple acoustic stuff if I'm real bored. as of now i use my electric guitar + vst's which i prefer over real recording and i figured the line 6 ux2 would do me great on that side. anyway thanks for the help! i could really use it.


Answer
being transformerless, the SM7b has a pretty low output level, so you will need to make sure that your mic pre has enough clean gain. This may be a concern with the Line 6, and if it doesn't provide that, you will end up with noisy, colored recordings

how do i buy a guitar?




Neo<656


This is my first time buying a guitar, I'm looking for something in the $500-$600 range. Problem is, i don't anything about how to buy a guitar, because the first one i got was from my parents who just picked an acoustic on the costco website page so that didn't really work out for me. I don't know what type of guitars go with what style of music, whether or not i can haggle while buying a guitar, what to check for, how to alter an amp and a whole lot of other stuff that i probably don't even know what do add right now. So, it'd be helpful if you put your experiences here, thanks in advance :D

I'm right handed, i play rock music, but a little metal, so i'm looking for versatility and I've got about 800-900 dollars (US) to spend on this, and what's the difference between single pickups and double pickups? For the amp, i'm looking for something that can give me heavy distortion. i'm currently using elixir strings for my acoustic, but i'm not sure if i should switch to heavy gauge as i'm still using medium. really, i'm open to a lot of opinions



Answer
Go to a guitar storelike Guitar Center, theyhave tons of guitars and the people there will help you buy the perfect guitar for you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Sm7b PreAmp Beginner Needs Help "Harsh Vocals"?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment