Monday, December 9, 2013

Cutaway action compared to regular action on acoustic guitar?

best acoustic guitars low action
 on ... Paramount Archtop Acoustic Guitar Project | Vintage Archtop Guitar
best acoustic guitars low action image



Eddie B


I have been playing the electric guitar and decided I wanted to start playing the acoustic, and I am looking for one with a really low action. Are cutaway acoustic guitars known to have a lower action compared to the regular? I am specifically looking at the Washburn d10s or d10sc, and I want one with great playability and low action with no buzzing. Are the cutaways known to have a lower action, or is it just because of the wood cut away?


Answer
You need to understand that the price you pay for low action is buzzing when you strum or pick too hard. There's really an optimum action that represents a compromise between low (ease of play) and high (lots of room for the strings to vibrate freely). If you veer from that optimum too far in either direction you're going to pay a price.

The first two responses were correct; this has nothing to do with cutaway versus non-cutaway.

What kind of guitar should I buy?




mrsix12346


I currently have a Fender Starcaster acoustic guitar. I've had it for about a year now and I realized that the action on it is much to high for my liking. So I want a guitar with low action and that is decent quality, but I don't want to spend anymore than $300-$350 on it. I've been playing for about 3 years now and I want a decent guitar that sounds and plays well.


Answer
Well, if you like your Fender, then don't think about buying another one unless you want another one. Take your guitar to a professional and see if he can lower the action any. Most acoustic guitars have higher actions. It's really up to you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Cutaway action compared to regular action on acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment