Monday, March 17, 2014

Acoustic guitar strap locks for a martin button?




SaintZ


Hi, I recently purchased a new martin DC-16GTE and would like to protect my investment with some strap locks. I have the problem that I don't know which ones would fit the stock buttons. Seeing as its and acoustic, I would like to avoid having to drill holes to replace the old ones. I need just something run of the mill that would fit on my leather strap.

p.s. yes I have seen the planet waves nylon straps with the plastic lock and think they look pretty rubbish.



Answer
See if I know exactly what you are talking aout.

Martin guitar comes with a strap lock uninstalled. You could find it in the guitar case. This is almost the only that tells whether the guitar is new or used. Even the strap lock itself is too large for the bottom hole. Don't hammer it in, you need to enlarge the hole little by little to fit it in. If you hammer it in, you could crack the guitar and damage is not part of the warranty.

There is no perfect way to secure the other end of your guitar strap. You can tie it on the guitar nut with nylon or leather string. Whatever it is, it rubs against the nut and creates a mark, no matter how slight over time. If you secure the strap on the guitar neck, you'd have to drill a hole to install the strap lock. If you play the guitar sitting down without a strap, you'd be in the danger of the guitar slipping off from your lap. If you don'tlay the guitar just letting it collect dust, don't forget, musical instrument devolops it's beautiful tunes from being played. You can tell the different between 2 5-year old guitars, one sounds so crappy without being played and the one sound so beautiful for being played all the time. This is actually the where the value of the instrument is developed.

Finally, I am not discouraging. Martin guitars do appreciate in value, in Vintage series, signature series. NOT DC-16GTE.

Guitar strap for acoustic guitar?




orbit


My guitar is a yamaha FG700S, but I was trying to buy a strap for it and I noticed it doesnt have a little ball, or something near the top of the body for the other side of the strap to go on. It only has something at the bottom of the body to put the strap on but not the top. Are there special straps for this kind of setup or am I out of luck?


Answer
You have three choices:

1. Get a strap button like this one: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-Guitar-Strap-Button?sku=420127

It goes under the strings on the headstock and has a strap button to attach the strap to.

2. Have a new strap button installed on the heel of the neck on the treble side. It's quick and inexpensive.

3. Get leather lace or some similar strong lace and put that under the strings and around the headstock and attach it to the end of the guitar strap.

The first two choices are best, in my opinion.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Acoustic guitar strap locks for a martin button?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment