Thursday, March 20, 2014

Great Acoustic Guitars For Under $1000?




Steven B


I am 16 years old and have been playin guitar for 2 and a half years. Most people that have played only 2 and a half years would be happy with my current guitar (Taylor Big Baby) but i have really gotten too good for it. I do not want to sound cocky but you naturally get that good when you play 4+ hours a day on most days. The guitar I am looking for is around $1000 or less and would be acoustic. I really want the best buy for my money because I will be using this guitar to record with. Some guitars I have looked at was the Taylor 714ce, the taylor 410ce and some other high quality guitars, however they are all too expensive around $1500. Thanks for your help and any suggestions are appreciated!
Well i just quit my lessons because the teacher had nothing left to teach me. In high school I took a music theory class that was treated as a college level class. I am really into it and already write music/ compositions and jam with other people. I started out playing like 7 hours a day and now i have been playing around 4 or 5. It is hard to judge because even when i am at the computer I am playing it. Also, I have a fender strat. american that cost a little over 1000. It is a 2007 highway series.



Answer
You don't have to spend $1,000 to have a great sounding acoustic guitar. But if you can afford that then get a Gibson - they sound amazing. If this is your one and only guitar, though, I would go with an acoustic-electric - ESPECIALLY if you want to record. Ibanez and Fender make some really nice ones and they're less expensive.

I have a Gibson Gospel AV 100th Anniversary Edition (acoustic/electric). Cost me about $1,500 about 14 years ago but worth every penny. I also have a Ibanez Artcore archtop. Sounds great recorded. Also a Fender Strat though I really prefer the hollow or semi-hollow electrics.

Go to your local Guitar Center or other music store and play a few. If you want to save some money order through http://www.musiciansfriend.com $1,000 sounds like a lot to be spending having only played for two years. So really be sure you're committed to this. Are you taking lessons?

edit: you took lessons for two years "and the teacher has nothing left to teach you"? Then get a new teacher. I'm sure you have a LOT more to learn. Attitude will get you NOWHERE - learning to play WILL.

What is a good acoustic-electric guitar brand under $1000?




fc77


I'm an intermediate guitar player who is used to playing electric. I want to get an acoustic/electric guitar now but don't really know about the brands well. I was at guitar center today and checked out few brands like:Taylor, Martin, Takamine, Ovation and of course Fender. Please tell me which of these are the best acoustic-electric guitars for under $1000. If you know any other brand that has great quality, please let me know too. It has to be A-E!! Thanks
OK maybe under $700 is preferable... but will definitely spend up to $1000 if it's THE guitar.



Answer
The guitar I use is a Cordoba Gk Studio. The tone is bright and snappy. When plugged in the Fishman Pickup system gives it a beautiful and natural tone when amplified. It'll run you about $600 and comes with nylon strings.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Great Acoustic Guitars For Under $1000?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment