Saturday, March 22, 2014

Good acoustic guitar?




Jenny


I want a good sound, good enough to play small gigs (like, at school or something)...
I have had the same 3/4 size since I was seven, now, half my life later, I want something better than that thing which cost about 30 quid.

Budget: ABSOLUTE maximum £200 (and I'm being as generous as I can)

I know the best way is to try them out, so I will be visiting music shops in summer when studies are over, but I just want brand names, possibly exact models so i can ask at the shop if they have that particular one to try...

It will be mainly just for strumming chords....

Anyway, just brand names will do (that was such a rambling question, sorry!)



Answer
Brands and models really don't mean a lot mate. I have played £75 guitars that rocked and on the other hand have played £1000 guitars that didn't impress me. Don't be a fool for "headstock envy".
Just stay away from the sort of brands you'd see at Agros, ASDA, etc. Those tend to be toys that look like guitars.

I would check out the music stores near you. Play every guitar that they have that is under £200. Play the used ones as well. £200 could easily buy you a guitar that was £400-£500 new. When you have found the best guitar, you will know it by the way it feels in your hands and the way it sounds to your ears.

I fail to understand what Mikey hopes to accomplish by recommending £2000+ guitars to you when you clearly state you can afford £200 at the most. Yes, they are great guitars, but they are out of your reach, as they are of most askers on yahoo answers. Sure Mikey, I'd love to have a Michael Dunn Stardust, but I need to eat, pay the bills and put gas in my truck. So, my main acoustic is a Gitane GJ-10. It's a lot cheaper, but plays like a dream and I'm always getting compliments on it's tone.

xx

whats a good acoustic guitar to play country on?




Ismael


im looking for a guitar to play some country music on and ive been looking but most of them are expensive like the Gibson guitars and also the Fender telecaster.. im trying to look for a good guitar that i could play country music on that isn't too expensive


Answer
Yamaha guitars are usually a good bargain.




Answer mine?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ak5HwVPOYU7Y_7VQG1h6fMzsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20101225111156AAtkW8U




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment