Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good acoustic guitar brands?!?




Hannah Ble


I have a Gibson Maestro guitar that I got over half a year ago when I was just starting lessons, but I am getting better and more serious at guitar and want a better acoustic. My price range is around $200-$250. Please give me some good quality and great sounding guitar brands and models!


Answer
I'd strongly recommend going to a guitar store and trying some Ibanez guitars. I'm assuming from your name that you're a girl, so you'll likely find Ibanez acoustics much more comfortable to play than Epiphone guitars. Epiphone makes great guitars, but the necks tend to be really chunky, which makes them challenging for many people to play (especially females, since we tend to have smaller hands than the mostly men who design and make guitars).

Ibanez guitars are built like rocks, sound incredible, and are often nicer than guitars costing twice as much. They're also famous for having very thin, user-friendly necks and low action (strings close to the fretboard), which makes it much easier and more comfortable to move smoothly between chords and notes. I've been playing guitar for more than 20 years and Ibanez acoustics are my absolute favorites. I've owned much more expensive, prestige-brand guitars, but none of them holds a candle to my three Ibanez acoustics and acoustic/electrics for sound and playability.

I'll post a link to the Ibanez listings at Musician's Friend so you can read the reviews and see that I'm not exaggerating. It would be ideal if you could test drive them at a music store before buying, though, since you'll find some body styles more comfortable than others. I'm partial to medium-depth guitars, for instance, because I'm kind of short and struggle to reach around gigantic-bodied guitars.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/6-string-acoustic-guitars#fT=2010:Ibanez&gP=1&pS=60&v=g&sB=pLH&lP=c&catId=site1ABA

What brand name guitar should i get after i just got good at a "first act" acoustic?




Sheri


i bought my first guitar and is a first act acoustic guitar, but now i think I'm ready for a actual guitar now. So i was wondering what type of brand guitar should i get (a cheap guitar less then about $250). I'm into R&B and rock music :))))
i already have a first act acoustic guitar and i think im good at it now and want a actual brand now. What type of brand name acoustic guitar should i get???? im into R&B and Rock music. :-)



Answer
Hello there,

Are you looking to move up to a better acoustic or are you looking to switch to an electric?
The first answer assumes you want an electric, but I do not see that in your question. I will check back.

Later,

Hello again,
Thanks for the additional information; that gives me a better basis for a recommendation. Not to be sexist, but I am guessing by your id, that you are a woman and have small-shi hands. If so, take a look at the Takamine Jasmine series of guitars. Takamine makes some mighty nice guitars and the Jasmine series is targeted towards the newer players.

Fender makes some good acoustics and some, shall we say, very mediocre ones. The Squier series is all right for newer players. I would stay away from the Starcaster line because it is not much of a step up from what you have. If you are willing to buy a used guitar, you can probably find one of the better Fenders. I see those sell used on eBay for around your price range. You might consider one of the Fender acoustic electrics. You can use it as an acoustic. When funds permit, you can add an amp. That would work well with those styles of music.

I really like Gibson acoustics. They are good. Not the best, but they have always been my favorites. I even like the Epiphone acoustics. I have had some very nice ones. I guess I like them because I have had good luck with them.

Ovation makes some good guitars. I never really warmed to the plastic bowl backside. They sound good and play great. But the looks to not appeal to me.

Martin makes excellect acoustics, but even used are likely out of your price range. If you find one in decent shape within your budget, give it serious consideration.

I am not a fan of the lesser priced Washburns and Yamahas. I have seen some Washburns that the fret ends were quite sharp. Had to polish them down. Too scratchy feeling.

So, in short, my first recommendation for you if you want a new guitar is to look at the Takamine Jasmine series. If you are willing to buy a used guitar, get a Fender acoustic/electric. You can also give the Epiphone a try. I love them, but not everyone does.

Later,




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good acoustic guitar brands?!?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment