Saturday, November 2, 2013

A good acoustic guitar for a beginner?

best acoustic guitars for under �300
 on old Stagger Lee? That bad man, cruel Stagger Lee  Her slide guitar ...
best acoustic guitars for under �300 image



lol


I want to start playing guitar and want a good acoustic guitar to start learning with. I want an acoustic one with steel strings. I'm trying to keep it under $300. Any ideas? (just looking for acoustic none of that acoustic/electric in 1 stuff)


Answer
Yamaha makes great guitars in that price range. Check out the $200 FG-700S. It has a solid spruce top, which sounds better and improves more with age than the plywood tops normally found in entry level guitars, and should last you a few years before you're ready to upgrade. There are also other 7xxS series Yamahas with different body sizes or ornamentation but similar construction. Epiphone and Jasmine are a couple of other brands to check.

You can definitely find something decent for under $300, but try not to drop under about $150, about $100 at the absolute lowest. Below that it's mostly unplayable junk. Buy only from a music store after inspecting and trying out the guitar if at all possible. For a first guitar, your main consideration should be that the instrument is solidly built, comfortable to hold, and easy to play. The strings should be neither too far from the fretboard to press down easily, nor so close that they buzz against the frets when played with a normal amount of force.

Suggestions on what guitar I should get?




Alicia


For the past five years, I've had the same beginner electric guitar, only the terrible sound has prevented me from playing it for a while. I would like to switch over to a nice sounding acoustic guitar. Even thought I've been playing for a while, I am self-taught and not very great (I just play basic chords, and my hands don't really work with bar chords). However, I would like something that at least sounds good and that I could find for under $300 used. Any suggestions are appreciated! I've heard Taylor guitars are really nice, but I don't know what kind to get. I think I'm looking in the intermediate range.


Answer
Taylors are way out of your budget. Id look out for a used yamaha ls16, ll16, lx16 or a Simon and Patrick sp6, seagull s6, Make sure you can try before you buy and take an experienced friend to test them and look out for certain damage that you may not detect.lots of people buy these models to learn with and then give up playing after a month so you can get these in new condition for around half the price they cost new. If you want new then go to a guy centre and play lots of acoustics within your budget and choose the one you like best. Try a yamaha fg700s ($200) you can take some lessons with the change.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: A good acoustic guitar for a beginner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment