Saturday, November 30, 2013

How can I straighten the neck of my acoustic guitar - at home?

best acoustic guitar luthiers
 on LUTHIER ARCH-TOP F-HOLE ACOUSTIC CUTAWAYS :: Acoustic Steel ...
best acoustic guitar luthiers image



popelane24


Hi, i have a nice acoustic guitar, but the neck became a little warped in cold weather... the strings are a few mm above where they should be at the 12th fret, and the guitar goes out of intonation at about the 5th or 7th fret. I tried adjusting my truss rod to no avail.

Can I somehow, with regular household materials and tools, straighten the neck of this beast? I love this guitar dearly and want the best for it!



Answer
No, if it is truly warped, you need to take it to a Luthier, who knows what he is doing. If the wood is warped, then there might be no hope.

Plus, the neck of a guitar is supposed to be bowed.... not straight.

How much does it cost to get an acoustic guitar fixed?




Alexx


My grandma gave me my late grandpas old acoustic guitar.it hasnt been used for atleast 10 years and i want to play it. But the strings are all old and rusty and its just worn down in general. I can easily go to guitar center or something but i just want a range for how much it costs


Answer
A worn down guitar is a worn down guitar. Some call it 'vintage' and indeed, it has a lot of charm to it. I don't know if the neck is worn down. If so, the neck and the frets might need some filing, which luthiers can charge anything from $15 to $50 for.

The strings don't cost much though, most are less than $10 for a set of strings, and having them changed usually costs even less. Most likely you'll only need new strings.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I straighten the neck of my acoustic guitar - at home?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment