Monday, November 25, 2013

What electric guitar should I get?

best acoustic guitars under 2000
 on Takamine EG530SC Acoustic/Electric Guitar | Takamine Guitars
best acoustic guitars under 2000 image
Q. I already have an acoustic guitar and play it from time to time. Since I have a huge interest in rock/alternative music and am a huge fan of bands such NIN, Evanescence, LP. I really want an electric guitar, but I don't know what type to get. Or maybe I should get an acoustic-electric? Which is better? I don't have a huge budget either, so I'm not looking for $2000 guitars or anything.
Just to let people know, I'm not some twelve year old punk kid hoping to start a new band. I am a 17 year old female that just wants to play some genuine rock music for my own personal satisfaction. I just need an electric guitar that'll let me play some good rock music without having to break my bank. Thanks.


Answer
If you already have an acoustic guitar, then an acoustic electric won't really be any different (it's just an acoustic guitar with a pickup so you plug it into an amplifier and have a louder acoustic guitar). If you want to play rock as you describe, you really need an electric guitar and decent amplifier. To save your budget, I'd suggest you look around for a used one on Craigslist or Ebay. There are a lot of used Fender Strats. The Made In Mexico (MIM) ones are pretty good quality and usually go used for under $300. An American strat will cost at least double that. Expect to pay another $200 or so for a decent used tube practice amp (I like tube sound better than solid state personally).

Another option you might like is a hybrid guitar, which is actually an electric guitar (has the magnetic pickups of an electric guitar) but also has built in piezo pickups in the bridge that make it sound like a plugged in acoustic guitar. I own a Parker hybrid I got on Ebay for under $500 and I use it both for acoustic and electric guitar sounds. Michael Kelly Hybrid Special is another decent hybrid guitar.

It really depends though on what you like. I'd suggest before you get anything, that you go have some fun hanging out at Guitar Center and trying out different equipment. I've been playing guitar for 40 years and that's one of my favorite things to do!

Are Ovation Guitars really uncomfortable to play?

Q. I'm considering purchasing an acoustic/electric cc24 ovation, but have heard they don't sound very good without the amp and that they are uncomfortable to play sitting down and slide off your lap. I'm an 18 year old girl and am very tiny. I also have small fingers, so I'm wondering if this is the guitar for me.

Thank you in advance!


Answer
Ovations do slide on your lap some, that much is true, but they sound very nice even through a plain amp. I would suggest it for your level, age, and physique. They would work well because you are smaller and they seem smaller too.

Other ideas for you could be a traditional acoustic guitar by Fender, Washburn, Ibanez because they are solid brands under $300. For a bit more you can get a Martin. (around $500) Even higher up is Taylor ($2000 +)

Good luck!

j:)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What electric guitar should I get?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment