Friday, November 29, 2013

What is a good beginner guitar for an 8 year old girl?

cheap acoustic guitar kits
 on Novelty toys, creative toys - Shop Cheap Novelty toys, creative toys ...
cheap acoustic guitar kits image



Pink1967


My 8 year old daughter wants to learn how to play guitar. I bought her a kids guitar last year but it's so cheap that the strings don't stay tuned and the fret board is loose. I'd like to get her an acoustic guitar but one that's smaller so she can learn to play it well. I want to spend under $200 if possible.


Answer
Yamaha makes a relatively sturdy and very nice sounding guitar that you can probably get in a kit with a strap and tuner at Sam Ash or music123.com. It is a full-size guitar (but "full size" is relative, as it's smaller than most professional guitars), but I simply have not seen a child-size guitar that's made well. Let her try one at the store to make sure.

Will a First Act guitar sell at a flea market?




Turtlefenc


I'm going to the flea market soon to make extra cash for a Telecaster kit I'm saving up for. Will anyone buy a used First Act MG521 Acoustic Guitar at a flea market? I know First Act is junk, but I was figuring if I included a strap and some picks to sweeten the deal, maybe I could get $20 or $25 for it. Is that an unreasonable to think someone will buy it, and for that amount of money?


Answer
I have Ibanez, Gibson, Schecter, and Martin, and I was surprised that my very first guitar, a First Act guitar, sounds as good as the Martin I spent nearly a thousand dollars to buy.

Some First Act guitars are junk, I've seen others that were better than the Gibson and Epiphone that cost a hundred dollars more. Take it into a Guitar shop and let them strum it and see what they think it works. Adding a strap and picks isn't going to sweeten the deal, new strings might be better.

I've puchased guitars at yard sales and flea markets for pennies on the dollar and resold them at a profit after I cleaned them up and put new strings on them, tuned them and let others hear the sweet sound that came from them.
I've also purchased cheap guitars for parts for others, to make my own and mix and match.
I don't think it is unreasonable to expect 20 to 50 depending on the condition of the guitar and if you have it playable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good beginner guitar for an 8 year old girl?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment