Saturday, November 9, 2013

What kind of guitar is best for a beginner?

cheap acoustic guitars for sale ebay
 on ... Archtop Acoustic Guitar  L 2580 | Vintage Acoustic Guitar
cheap acoustic guitars for sale ebay image



cutie94


Is it a acoustic or electric and what brand would it be. Im 14 and i wanna learn how to play a guitar but i don't know which one would be good for me. Thank you


Answer
Awesome question! My friends all learned guitar before I did, and they all recommended an acoustic for starting out, and that's the best way to go. It builds finger strength and it builds your best friend, finger calluses. Your fingers will hurt like a mother the first few weeks/months you play, but as your fingertips get numb you won't notice as much. One thing they taught me was to never play guitar after taking a shower or after washing dishes--you will lose your calluses. My fingertips on my left hand are to the point where I was reaching in a co-worker's pencil bin, and pulled my hand out and there was a thumb tack in my finger and didn't even feel it. That's what you want.

As far as brands of guitars go it doesn't really matter when you are starting out. We have a great indie scene here and no one judges anyone by the brand of their guitar, it's all about how you rock. A pawn shop guitar is all you really need for starting out. Unless you are making money from playing shows, then don't spend any real money on guitars. Keep your eye out on craigslist or ebay, or check out your local guitar shop for wicked awesome deals. I got my first acoustic from musiciansfriend.com, they were having a closeout sale on Washburn acoustics and I got a sweet cherry red acoustic for 100 bucks. Get yourself a tuner too, so your guitar doesn't sound like ass. Korg sells great tuners for cheap, you can find yourself a good one for probably 20 bucks.

Good luck man. I always dig that the younger gen are picking up the guitar and trying to learn. I am telling you, there is no better way to impress the ladies than the guitar. Learn the basics and move on to electric guitar if you still want to do it. Just don't spend a year's worth of allowance on something you don't really care about. Make sure it's something you want to stick with. Any other help as far as chords and scales go, let me know. I can help you out.

Keep rockin brutha

What electric guitar amp should I go for?




Rain Dog


I've had an electric guitar for nearly two years but it was given to me broken. I just recently repaired it and am interested in playing it only I'm not too knowledgeable with electric guitars (I've been playing acoustic for a little while) so I'm not sure what type of amplifier is needed/suggested. It's a J.Reynolds strat copy in ok condition. I just want a good cheap amp, nothing fancy. What should I be looking out for?


Answer
Get a Marshall pocket amp for $40. It's a fine little practice amp, which is all you need at this point. I keep one on the coffee table in my livingroom when I don't feel like cranking up the studio but I want to practice guitar.

Then, after you've played for 6 months to a year, you will know more about what you want to do and that's the time to start researching a guitar amp. But if you buy an amp right now, it could just be a waste of money because 1) you might decide you don't like playing guitar or 2) the kind of amp you will want in 6 months to a year won't be the amp you bought when you were just beginning to play electric guitar.

A Marshall pocket amp is cheap, cool, and it's pretty loud in a room. If you want to spice it up, get a used BOSS DS-1 distortion pedal for $35 or any type of fuzz pedal. DOD has a variety of fuzz pedals, you can find them cheap on eBay, and they're all good. I have the American Classic Fuzz and if you ever find a DOD 250 (also known as the YJM), that's an excellent pedal.

Beware the salesperson who tries to sell you a "real" amp instead of the little Marshall pocket amp. A lot of sales people are paid commission and there isn't much commission on a pocket amp. Other amateur musicians may laugh at your amp, but let me tell you something - anyone who disses the Marshall pocket amp is a musical moron.

Trust me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of guitar is best for a beginner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment