Friday, March 7, 2014

Acoustic guitar for beginners?




Sea Jay


I want to learn to play the guitar and I love both electric and acoustic guitars.
However, I think it's better if I start with the acoustic guitar, as I love the sound of it!
I know that at some point I will like to have an electric guitar, so is it still a good idea to get an acoustic one now?

Which brand and model is the best for begginers and WHY? I'm looking for a guitar of around $150 to $250 / £100 or £165 (less if possible, but it has to be easy to play and sound good).

Also, I've heard that acoustic guitars sound better the older they are. Is this true? In that case, should I get an used one?

Thanks! :)

***Please, I've asked this question before and no, don't tell me to go to a guitar store and tell one of the employees to help me. I will do that, but I want to have an idea of what I want before too. So please, answer the actual questions. Thanks!



Answer
Okay. no problem. (And, I made a mistake on 'voting', with the others. Should be thumbs down.)

Your price range is good for a selection of well made and well performing acoustics on the market today. Wise to get an acoustic now, as you will learn to appreciate the guitars you have yet to experience and become familiar with later.

Here's a list of what brands to look for: Alvarez; Art & Lutherie; Cort (cheap); Dean; Epiphone; Ibanez; Jasmine; Seagull ($$); Walden; Washburn and Yamaha. Many make both acoustic and electrics.

But as for the acoustic models, look for those who offer a solid top (single layer of wood panel, as opposed to a veneer laminate of plywood) soundboard, as these respond best for a truer guitar expression all around.

Try them out, when you do get to a music store (not a department retailer, or toy store) that has a selection and if possible, take someone with you to make it a real adventure and help in your decision.

And yes, most guitars will age well, but those which are not of solid wood panels will change little over the years (the lower-end) as the more expensive and higher end ones will improve or become 'sweeter' with time.

The most important part of any guitar is the playing comfort provided by the neck and fingerboard and how it is set up (proper string height and fretwire finishing). On any guitar, inexpensive or not. It can discourage many a beginner. Steel string dreadnoughts, or nylon string classical.

Do a little research on your own beforehand as looking up these brands, and some history, to get some knowledge of what to expect and how well these instruments are made and their price ranges.

Inexpensive but good quality acoustic guitar for beginner?




Evil Tuffy


My mom has a cheaper quality guitar from Rittmiller (london drugs) and I hate it. I can't stand practicing on it because the neck is so wide.
I'm looking for an acoustic guitar that has a thinner neck and would be easier for skinny fingers but also has a nice tone to it.
I've heard really good things about Ibanez and Yamaha.
I'm looking at the Ibanez Jam Pack (black dreadnought) as it's around $150. Ideally, my price point would be around $100~.



Answer
Hey, Tuffy. I've played guitar for a WHILE. It seems to me that the Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic Guitar by Takamine would be a great choice for you and is in the price range you need. Here's a link you can follow to read about it.

http://astore.amazon.com/playguitwithm-20/detail/B0002GXZK4

Hope you find your next guitar soon.

Mike Eddings
Play Guitar With Me




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Acoustic guitar for beginners?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment