Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Guitar beginner?

Q. hey I'm oh such a begginer i havent even got a guitar but iv'e decided i want to comit myself to learning to play one
what is the very first thing i should do and the equiptment i need, and really what i need to know before i get the kit
thankyou


Answer
You should go to the guitar store and try to play as many guitars in your price range that you can find. Choose the one that sounds and feels the best. If you know someone who plays then see if you can get them to come along to help. You don't have to spend a lot of money but don't buy the cheapest thing that you can find just because of the price. That is the best advice I could give.

Expect to pay about $300 or so for a good acoustic or for a good electric and a practice amp. You can go a little cheaper but be careful. Make sure you play the guitar that you buy first whatever you do.

Go online and find a bunch in your price range and write down or print out the make and model numbers. (The store prices will be higher usually) You can use the paper to take notes about what you played and whether you liked it or not.

Some sites are musiciansfriend.com and samash.com

If you learn on an acoustic it will be easier to switch to an electric. Plus and acoustic doesn't need an amp and you can play it anywhere. An electric is easier to play but you need an amplifier.

Make sure you get an electronic tuner, a strap, and a bunch of picks and a couple pack of strings.

People will recommend that the only way to really learn correctly is through lessons. That's not true for everyone. Though if you can afford them then it is a very good idea to get lessons.

Guitar for Dummies is a great book for teaching yourself. I used it and some friends have used it. It starts off by teaching you chord shapes and shows you how to read tab.

Once I learned a few chords I searched the net for tab for some songs I knew and found some that had chords that I knew how to play. I just practiced the songs until I learned them. Chordie is a good place for tab.

Wholenote.com is a good web site with all kinds of guitar lessons and articles.
www.wholenote.com

The guitar page on about.com is great too
http://guitar.about.com/

There are free lessons on youtube also.

Here are some online lesson sites:
http://www.guitar.about.com/
http://www.freebasicguitar.com/
http://www.abclearnhowtoplayguitar.com...
http://www.youtube.com/

Whatever you do make sure that you practice every day and don't get discouraged if it hurts or is hard at first. Everyone goes through that.

Hope that helps. Good luck!!

what would be the best acoustic guitar to get for a beginner??




lkasjdflsa


i want to buy a new guitar, and learn how to play.. but im not sure whats good and whats not... i need help ! (:


Answer
For my first acoustic I bought a cheap 100.00 fender. It was hard to play becasue the strings were higher on the fret board. But it also helped me build dexterity in my fingers and it bought the strength my fingers. Once I got used to that I would play to get faster so I could do the solos and chords easier. If he likes it after that he can get a 300.00 guitar. After playing a harder acoustic a more expensive one would be easier to play. On the more excpensive ones the strings sit closer to the fret board, and they also have a better sound. After I played on a good guitar it made me more interested to play. I went from a 100.00 fender, to a 300.00 ovation up to a 800.00 Takamine. Heres a great link with tons of differant guitars. Also if they learn how to play on the acoustic the electric will be very easy to learn. The strongs on an electric are thinner and much much easier to play.

The ultimate guitar link is a site where you can get free tabs,chords,video lessons,etc. They also have a very good forum




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Guitar beginner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment