Monday, March 24, 2014

Could someone tell some jazz songs to play on an acoustic guitar?




BrokenTele


Kinda like Autumn Leaves. And also if someone could give me some jazz scales, for my own compositions. please and I will give 5 stars to the best answer!!


Answer
imho the best acoustic jazz is Gypsy Jazz. Check out my pal Paulus Schafer (on the right).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73E-NVzU1-U

Scales are handy (melodic minor is my fav.) but also check out arpeggios, they will lift your standard:
http://www.hotclub.co.uk/java/javpggio.html
http://www.timrobinsonguitar.com/lessons/basicarpeggios/basic.html

Songs:
My funny valentine
Confessing that I love you
Nuages
All of me

There is a jazz type song of just a saxophone and an acoustic guitar.?




Razor


Its been played on the weather channel, but not listed on their sight. No other instraments just the sax and the guitar, kinda like a back and forth song between the two.
It's a duet of a sax and a gitar. I hear it all over but, they have been playing it on the weather channel. Everywhere I look its nowhere to be found.. Anyone know where to find this?



Answer
Well, George Benson did an album like that with Boney James. It's The new Boss Guitar . The songs have a drummer. The lead is played by sax and guitar,alternating back and forth or playing together sometimes. Sounds like what you are describing. Listen to samples of songs on Amazon. And I checked out the weather channel site and they had a Best of George Benson.....so maybe??




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Could someone tell some jazz songs to play on an acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment