Sunday, May 25, 2014

I need help starting out with electric guitar?




HC


Hey guys,
I used to take acoustic guitar and, when i played it, i was proficient in it. (Couldn't do songs off the bat but after some practice could play - can still read tabs and such).
I need some easy songs and exercises to get back into things and learn electric guitar! Haven't played in long time.
Also some songs that sound good and some solos, hopefully some easy ones.

Internet material and links would be nice but maybe a book name or two are good as well!

Thanks chaps



Answer
Just download the tabs that you like and want to play.

You can find on where you can download tabs, backtrack, and other online tools on http://www.techcinema.com/2013/10/simplified-electric-guitar-lesson-for-beginners.html

Hope helps

Have fun with the guitar

Equipment for Acoustic recording?




another


My current own stuff that I have:
1. MacBook Pro 15' 2013,
2. Bose Quit Comfort 15
3. Line 6 Pod HD500
4. Nylon Classical guitar (non electric)
5. Acoustic Steel Guitar (non electric)
6. Acoustic Stell electric Guitar
7. Garage Band Apps, but I don't know if this apps or software will work best or not

What equipment do I still need to record song, and words.
Genre music:
1. Pop
2. Rock
3. Classical
4. Blues
5. Jazz
6. Alternative rock
7. Mainstream Rock
8. J-rock
9. J-pop
10. C-pop
11. Contemporary Christian Music
12. Praise and Worship


I just want to make a recording for acoustic music mainly, guitar and my voice.
To begin with, maybe in the future I will add electric guitar or some collaboration with other instrument or maybe with other musician.



Answer
Mostly you need a condenser mic and USB audio interface. And of course the mic stand, pop filter, and XLR cable. That's pretty much it. If your room has a bad echo sound (clap your hands and see if you can hear fluttering echo) then you also need to hang up some acoustic treatment.

Problem is I don't know what your budget is. If you just want my general recommendation, then it would be the following. I'm putting amazon links here so you can see reviews:

Focusrite Saffire 2i4 audio interface: http://amzn.to/12Vzryf
AKG Perception 420 mic: http://amzn.to/17y8Ff9
Applegate Acoustic Cotton Treatment (can hang on walls with binder clips): http://amzn.to/IQDSDk

That setup should last you a long time and give you excellent results.

If you need to go cheaper on the interface, then the Shure X2U works too but it has fewer inputs and features: http://amzn.to/1ayI8Ro

You'll need a recording program (DAW) like http://reaper.fm or equivalent.

And I recommend getting something like Toontrack EzDrummer to program your drum tracks. You can also find third party bass guitar plugins too. Only guitar and vocals then need to be real, and that AKG mic will take care of those. It's also best to record guitar and vocals separately.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need help starting out with electric guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment