Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Can I put nylon strings on my steel string acoustic guitar?

best acoustic guitars nylon
 on ... semi-Acoustic-electric-Nylon-String-Guitar-solid-Spruce-top-Cyber-Sale
best acoustic guitars nylon image



Kimberly A


I have a steel string, Yamaha acoustic guitar that I am learning to play at home. But at school I use a rented nylon string guitar. I like the feel of the nylon strings better then the steel strings and i was wondering if i can just switch strings or if i should just get another guitar. Can anyone help?


Answer
No, a steel string guitar is built and braced for the greater tension of steel strings, which means it's too heavily built to respond properly to nylon strings. It would sound awful. Besides, the slots in the nut are too narrow on a steel-string, the action is too low, and the bridge is made for ball end strings (most high quality nylon strings are plain end). And you would have to turn the narrow string posts on steel-string tuners forever to get anywhere with stretchy nylon strings.

Where to buy an acoustic guitar strings?




Mike


Hi, I'm a first time buyer of an acoustic guitar strings. Is it better to buy from an online or where? And also I don't know how to choose an acoustic guitar string. Is NYLON better so I won't hurt my fingers?


Answer
Amazon is a good place to buy an acoustic guitar strings. I recommend Elixir brand. http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fb%3Fie%3DUTF8%26node%3D11967851&tag=digitsy-marina-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I put nylon strings on my steel string acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment