Friday, November 15, 2013

I need advice on buying an electric guitar?

best acoustic guitar pickup review
 on ... 1680-NWT Premium Graphite Top Acoustic-Electric Guitar with VIP Preamp
best acoustic guitar pickup review image



III Skin


I need some advice when it comes to buying an electric guitar. I have been playing acoustic for a while and I'd love to now get an electric guitar. However, I have never owned or even played one. I have seen the stereotypes, the Gibson Les Paul, the Gibson SG and the Fender Stratocaster, and those all LOOK good, but if someone could explain about the different sounds produced by different electrics (not necessarily those 3) it'd be great.


Answer
Luke summed up the single coil versus humbucker thing which is a big one. I think the HSS strat is a good idea also since it is one of the few guitars that offer both humbucker and single coil pickups. I would suggest going to a Guitar Center if you have one nearby and play as many guitars as possible in your price range. Then go to Harmony Central and read reviews on the ones you are interested in. If you just don't have any music stores around with a decent selection you can't go wrong with a Mexican Fender. I say ths all of the time but only because it's true.

Beginning guitar, epiphone les paul special 2 or squier stratocaster?




Chasing Ca


I'm new to guitar, and i've played acoustic for a little.

I wanted some opinions on whether to get the epiphone les paul special 2 or the squier stratocaster.

Thanks.



Answer
Well, it is mostly about the feel you get for it when you hold it, but there are some factors.

The Les Paul models, be it Gibson or Epiphone, tend to be heavier than a strat. If you want to play more standing then the strat might be a good option, but if you get a good strap, the the Epiphone would be O.K. too.

I'm currently looking at buying an Epiphone Les Paul studio, and I've heard good and bad reviews. A lot of players really like it, because it is lighter than a Gibson, and they say it plays well. I have also heard that Epiphone went cheap on the electronics, and most of the people replaced the wiring with better pickups and wiring for better sound and had no complaints after that.

As for Squire, I haven't heard anything good about them. I have heard that the body is often shoddy and cheaply put together, and the wiring and pickups are bad too.

If you really want a stratocaster, maybe look up the Fender Starcaster. It was my first electric guitar, and it is fairly cheap. The set includes a strat guitar, a cable, an amp, 3 picks, and electric tuner, and gig bag, and a DVD. It is still a stratocaster, but I will admit that the pickups aren't great. Style wise the guitar is actually pretty slick looking and is fairly lightweight. I got my set for somewhere around 125 bucks, and it is worth it for a first guitar.

Sorry for the length, but I hope I helped out a little.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need advice on buying an electric guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment