Saturday, November 16, 2013

How do I convince my mum to let me play acoustic guitar?

best acoustic guitar for 7 year old
 on ... Surfcaster 325 Slx ? Acoustic Electric Guitar | Charvel Guitars
best acoustic guitar for 7 year old image



Cup o' Tea


I keep asking my mum to let me have guitar lessons but she won't let me.

I know why, there are two reasons. One, I have GCSE exams this year which are really important and I understand how important they are, and I am studying hard for them. She thinks I am too busy with revising, but the thing is in the past year I have quit like a billion clubs that I used to do so that I can have enough time to do studying. In the last few years I have quit gymnastics, the school swimming team, my club's swimming team, ballet, the school chamber choir, trampolining and drama. Now I only do swimming one hour a week, Japanese for two hours a week and I volunteer at the local primary school for 30 minutes a week (during lunch time on tuesdays, I read with children). I quit all those clubs because of school and I also wasn't really interested in them much, I am more interested in my computer/the internet. But I really want to learn the guitar, I think I will be able to practice and I just think it would be great for me later in life - just like an accomplishment.
Also when I was younger (like 7 years old) I went to piano lessons. But I never did any practice and hardly improved at all after like a year. But I was 7 then. I was lazy and I wasn't even really interested in piano.

In the last few weeks me and my friend in school have been talking about how we both want to learn guitar. She knows a local guitar teacher that does lessons that you can have with friends, so we could both learn guitar together, and it's cheaper too. She did a guitar course in the summer holidays and already knows the tunes to a couple of her favorite songs! We both know that at the moment we should focus on GCSE exams but if we just take courses together in the holidays it shouldn't interfere too much with exams, right?

Do you think that considering I am already 15 years old that it is too late for me to start learning guitar? Do you think I should not bother? If you think I should play guitar, how can I convince my mum to let me?



Answer
Tell her that learning to play an instrument will not disadvantage you. Infact it actually helps you become much more imaginative. Its funny because Universities such as Oxford only accept students who have done some sort of extra curricular asides from their studies, one example is learning an instrument. I have a couple of friends that did that. And you're right, it is an accomplishment. Let your mother know that this is for your own good, it will not in anyway affect your studies because no one studies ALL THE TIME. It would be a good alternative to procrastinating and spend your time on the computer for instance. It opens up your mind and makes you look at thing from a different perspective, which is a good thing! Good Luck !

What is the best acoustic guitar for a 7 year old child to begin learning on, not too expensive please.?

Q. My son has expressed an interest in learning how to play the guitar but I am not sure which one to buy. I don't want to pay too much as this may or may not be short lived. Can anyone advise please.


Answer
Go to a bricks and mortar music store and by a decent used guitar. They may even cut you a better deal if you sign the kid up for lessons there.

xx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I convince my mum to let me play acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment