Saturday, November 16, 2013

FL Studio disadvantages?

best acoustic guitar library kontakt
 on ... Dean Productions Solo Strings Advanced Acoustic Bass Expansion KONTAKT
best acoustic guitar library kontakt image



J.M.F.


I'm trying to work out what digital audio workstation is best for me. FL Studio seems impressive looking through their website, but I'm wondering what the drawbacks of it are. I'm considering going for their most expensive package at $1000 with all plugins - what would this not include, that other software would have?

Most important to me is high quality virtual instruments, mainly strings, guitars and wind instruments. I'd want to create extremely realistic sounds, such as when a guitarist slides a finger down a string, or when a violinist applies a varying pressure on the bow.

One other important quality is vocal editing, I'd like to "fix" vocals that are slightly out of tune. I'm not sure what this process is called.

Any other disadvantages or missing features could be significant, any thoughts very welcome!

Thanks



Answer
FL Studio Signature includes all you need for music production and editing. It includes audio recording and the tools to fix vocals (newtone and pitcher) and if you get all plugins you get a wide range of quality instruments and effects to create any type of music. You don't really need anything else to produce music.

One thing though, natural instruments (like guitar, strings, wind) are hard to get from synthesized virtual instruments. There are a number of good instruments included, but for best results you're probably also going to want to look at some 3rd party sample libraries. These are usually based on Kontakt, and as they are sample libraries you'll get the sounds of the real thing, usually with a host of options to make things flexible while still realistic sounding. On the cheap you can also check the internet for soundfonts or acoustic instruments. There are tons of quality free soundfonts out there, which you can use in the included soundfont player in FL Studio.

FL Studio is simply an amazing piece of software, and if you liked the demo (check it!) you'll surely enjoy producing music with it.
Make sure to use the promo link for new customers to get your 10% discount on the entire order at the Image-Line online shop: https://support.image-line.com/jshop/shop.php?offer=Default&promo=BACJBAA468

Alternative to hiring session orchestra musicians for own album?




Shane


Heya, I am into composing experimental music which combines popular music, such as Progressive Metal, Jazz, Electronic music, Ambience and film music and many, many other genres, with Orchestral and World music, similar to film music and music that require an orchestra. However, I am not able to afford £50,000 or so for hiring out musicians to record my album (instrumental guitar album) I am producing. I have a budget at around £6000, I am a electric, acoustic and classical guitarist and have only got available a selection of guitars and Cubase/ Sibelius music software, I have looked at sampling but sometimes they are not realistic enough, anyone suggest some hardware or software which has some realistic orchestra and world music instruments. What do film music musicianâs use that don't have the money to hire a full orchestra for world music. I listen to some of the works in film music and symphonic metal bands (e.g. therion and nightwish) and many actually have hired out real orchestras for their albums/ compositions, I want to get into composing and producing my own records, I have some basic knowledge of producing records and mixing etc in A level music technology and how to write classical music in A level music (classical) but I havenât got the budget for hiring out an orchestra, any suggestions? Btw I'm a first year student (second year in september) at Sixth form College and doing Music, Music Technology, Film Studies and Computing to give you a understanding on the resources I have available and sort of experience I have.
Ableton Live 8 seems like good software which relies on samples, but I haven't bought it yet and not sure what the software is like for orchestra instruments
Ableton Live 8 seems like good software which relies on samples, but I haven't bought it yet and not sure what the software is like for orchestra instruments



Answer
There are some pretty advanced samplers and sample libraries out there that can be quite convincing if you're good enough at sequencing.

Personally, I like NI's Kontakt. It's a VERY advanced sampler, and while the included libraries are quite good, when you combine it with something like the VSL or Miroslav library you can get some really great sounding stuff.

As I said earlier, it's really more about your sequencing abilities than the specific samples you're using. If you really understand that instruments you're writing for/trying to mimic, then you know how to write in lots of subtleties that can really take something to the next level.

Ableton Live isn't the way to go. It's basically live DJ software and is more suited to loop-based music, not orchestral mock-ups. When I'm not doing anything with audio, I usually prefer to use Logic. If I'm using audio, I gravitate towards ProTools, however more recent versions of ProTools have had much better tools for MIDI sequencing, so I find myself using Logic less and less.

I know that Danny Elfman does all of his mock-ups in Digital Performer. Other than the LA Scoring Strings library, I'm not sure what else he uses.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: FL Studio disadvantages?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment