Friday, November 15, 2013

Can I take my acoustic guitar on the plane as a carry on? (International flight)?

best acoustic guitar travel
 on the traveler escape is a full scale acoustic travel guitar built like ...
best acoustic guitar travel image



Niki


Hello next week I will travel from Crete (greece) to Los Angeles ( USA) and I want to take my acoustic guitar on board with me... Well my tickets are with Aegean airlines from Crete to Athens and with British airways from AThens-England and ENgland-Los Angeles ....
Their policies are saying that the instruments must be in the dimensions of a hand bagagge which is 56cm x 45cm x 25cm in both companies....
My guitar's dimensions with the case are 109x43x23 cm without the case are 103x40x18 cm (I have a hard case)....
I have a standard acoustic guitar and I don't want to give it with the luggage cause it will break ...I don't want to pay an extra seat either..I asked how much money need if they ship it separately but they told me a lot....I mean with the same money I can buy a new guitar ......I already emailed both companies and they didn't tell me anything more except of what they are saying in their websites..
. I will not have any other carry on with me not even a bag... So I ask you if you can help me...please give me your advice if you had any experiences like this before.. What do you suggest me to do.? I really need my guitar with me! Thank you in advance!



Answer
no you can't, though if you have to check it I hope you've got a bulletproof case, cause I've heard some real horror stories about musicians getting their instruments smashed by airlines

....though I think dave carroll is the only one who wrote a song about it,lol

How do you get an aoustic-electric guitar to sound like an electric guitar?




Chris J


I have an electric-acoustic guitar and i want to play electric songs on it. How can i do this? Thanks for the answers.


Answer
Short answer - you can't.

Longer answer - acoustic guitars rely on sound waves and need a microphone to be amplified. Electro-acoustics use a piezo-transducer or a microphone (or a combination of both) to change those sound waves into an electical circuit. The sound must travel from your strings to your saddle, your saddle to your bridge, your bridge to your soundboard, and your soundboard to the open air for a mic, and from strings to saddle to piezo/bridge. All of the elements above interact with one another, giving you a warm, very complex tone and sound wave. This complex tone does not play nicely with distortion or other effects.

Electric guitars use a different way to create sound - the vibration of the strings moves electrons in the pickup's coil, creating a direct connection between the vibration of the strings and the amplifier. This gives you a much simpler sound wave, and thereby is much more compatible to effects.


Acoustic guitars also feature a much higher action (string height) than electrics, heavier strings, and very low sustain. As a result, the acoustic cannot be played like an electric to begin with. Anything featuring hammer -ons/pull offs, fast playing, effects, ect will be more difficult to do with an acoustic.

BUT you can buy electric pickups and have them installed in your acoustic. The problem with this will be the space between the strings and the pickup - the farther, the less output. The less output, the less distortion.

The best way to get the sound of an electric - save your cash (which is hard now I know) and get yourself a decent electric guitar.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I take my acoustic guitar on the plane as a carry on? (International flight)?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment