Saturday, December 7, 2013

Beginner at guitar. Any helpful suggestions?

acoustic guitar for beginners primer
 on Introduction to Acoustic Guitar for Beginners DVD New | eBay
acoustic guitar for beginners primer image



spitfire09


I just picked up an acoustic guitar a few days ago and i'm trying to learn how to play. I'm currently trying to play a few easy songs by just reading tabs. I have the intro to "Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace down and Californication a few parts into it. I just find it so hard to do chords. What would you guys suggest to me?


Answer
With chords-heck, with anything you learn on guitar-take it SLOWLY. Your fingers have a mind of their own and will be able to use it when you've been practicing things over and over again (same as if you had to memorize facts for a test).

First, learn how to read chord diagrams:
http://www.cyberfret.com/chords/primer/index.php

When tackling a new chord, don't move on to the next one until you get that particular chord down FIRST. Don't get ahead of yourself: start with the basic chords (http://www.cyberfret.com/chords/beginning-7/index.php) then work your way up to barre chords and power chords. There are other types of chords as well.

What I do when learning a new chord is I only focus on my left hand, not doing anything with my right. I watch what my fingers do when I place them on the correct strings and do it over again; I fix what needs to be fixed. Once I've got the chord down, I play a down strum and listen to hear that all of the appropriate strings are ringing-or not.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Beginner at guitar. Any helpful suggestions?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment