Thursday, December 5, 2013

What guitar is right for me?

cheap acoustic guitars nz
 on The Cheapest Guitar-capo ,35% off - New Zealand Store
cheap acoustic guitars nz image



rhjp


I've never really had proper guitar lessons but I have been playing for about 7 years and I'm probably at intermediate level I guess.... anyway, this week I finally got rid of the first electric guitar I bought about 5 years ago, it was a cheap and nasty stratocaster imitation.

So now I'm looking to buy a new guitar but having trouble deciding which one would be right for me, its a hard decision. I have already been to a few music shops to try out guitars such as telecasters, strats and a couple hollowbodies but I'm still unsure at this stage because anything sounds and feels better that my first one haha. I kinda tried asking for suggestions from the people in the shops but they weren't all that helpful.

Some of the genres I like are rock (such as Red Hot Chili Peppers [including early funk stuff], Jimi Hendrix), alternative bands (like Radiohead, Dot Hacker, John Frusciante) and I am also really interested in learning some jazz style guitar, i love that sound.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm expecting I'll probably have a Stratocaster recommended but I just wanted to consider other options like maybe the Fender Jaguar because I know Hendrix and Frusciante and Josh Klinghoffer played them. Do you think a jaguar/jazzmaster with single coils would generally suit those styles?
I'd also appreciate any technical info about guitars eg. pick-ups, strings, amps etc

I'm in New Zealand and my budget it probably up to about NZ$900 / US$750 (I don't mind buying second hand either)

Thanks :)
Oh, and also with each style of guitar (eg. Strat, Jag) you have different models at a range of prices (like Classic/Standard, Blacktop etc) so if you have any insights, don't hold back. Thanks.



Answer
Since you've been playing for seven years, you can best answer this question yourself by going to the music shops and trying everything in your price range. There's no shame in buying used and you can usually find a better guitar for your money that way. Just don't be in a rush. Explore your options. Go to all the places you would consider buying from and try every one that interests you. In addition to trying out the the Fenders, you might want to try out some semi acoustic electrics. Epiphone and Ibanez have some nice ones in your price range.

xx

Is the EPIPHONE DR212 12-STRING ACOUSTIC a good guitar?




cRAZy897


Here's a link http://www.rockshop.co.nz/04/start.php
That's definitely the shop i'm going to buy my guitar from as I have got good guitars from and they have good service etc. My question is, is that a good choice for my first 12 string guitar? I it a reliable brand? Is it a good price for the quality they claim? My price range is below $500

If you can suggest a better one they are here
http://www.rockshop.co.nz/04/start.php

THANKS FOR ANY HELP :)



Answer
The best 12 string I ever owned was an Epiphone. Sadly, it got destroyed. Epiphones are mostly copies of their big brother Gibson's designs. Despite they are manufactured under cheaper methods, they rival the more expensive Gibson's. The 12 I had was a natural finish version copy of the model Gibson 12 string that Gordon Lightfoot plays. The one I had played better than the Gibson's I had played. I would suggest you go in and try it out. If they have more than one, ask to play them all before choosing. Identical guitars are not identical sounding and playing.

xx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What guitar is right for me?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment