Monday, December 2, 2013

What is a good acoustic guitar for a beginner on a budget?

acoustic guitar for female beginner
 on ... Jennings & Willie Nelson - Good Hearted Woman - Acoustic Guitar Lesson
acoustic guitar for female beginner image



<3


I need to keep the price under or around $175.
I don't want a Wal-Mart piece of crap. I just want a good guitar for myself, who was never played a guitar. I'm 5'2", around 110lbs and 13, if that makes a difference.

Thanks



Answer
Ibanez has a fantastic model called Sage that sells for $180, but which would serve you well for decades. It has a solid wood top (that's the most important factor in determining sound quality), whereas most guitars in its price range are made from laminated wood. It's built like a rock, as well. When I tried it at Guitar Center, I thought it was priced wrong because it played like a $500 guitar. It's the sort of guitar you can play for decades and pass down to your own children, it's so nicely crafted.

Beginners, and especially beginners with small hands, tend to have a much easier time learning on guitars that have really thin necks and low action (strings close to the fretboard). Ibanez guitars are famous for having incredibly user-friendly necks. I'm female and have fingers the size of Vienna sausages. After lots of desperate searching, I found that Ibanez guitars were perfect for me. I bought a second-hand Ibanez more than 25 years ago figuring I'd use it to learn and then upgrade to a better guitar. I did eventually get more guitars, but the cheap old Ibanez is still my primary guitar for both recording and playing live because the sound is pristine and it feels like it was custom made for me. And my guitar snob brother, who owns a recording studio and swears only Gibson and Martin guitars are worth owning, often borrows my Ibanez for recording projects because the sound is perfect.

I'll post a link to the Sage, in case you're interested. If you read the reviews, you'll find I'm not exaggerating about how nice it is.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SGT120NT-SAGE-SERIES-Acoustic-Guitar-?sku=512326

What should I look for when shopping for a 12-string guitar?




mittenpant


I'm a beginner guitar player and I'm thinking about buying a twelve-string acoustic guitar, but I don't really know what I should be looking for. I can't afford anything real expensive, but I also want to get a decent brand so it will play well and hold up well over time. Anyone have any suggestions for brands to look for or places to shop?


Answer
Get the 12-string if that is what you want to play and disregard opinions that you should start on 6-string. Check out Fender as they are inexpensive and very decent.
I would suggest Takamine but they run at double the price. Before buying, try the action as for playability.
Also, put your eye at the head of the guitar and look towards the bridge to make sure the neck is straight and with a slight dip in the middle.

Here are 2 links. I suggest Takamine if you want quality, will hold up 10 years down the line and that has a good re-sale value if you ever decide to sell.

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=1&P_ID=11288&PT_ID=35

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/m_dept.aspx?dept_id=02-003&mfg_id=1200000053

My second suggestion is definitely a guitar made by Luna. They are very good sounding, well finish, very good action and they have a guitar that fits your personality. This is well worth looking and I recommended this to many young female students and 90% have purchased them and fell in love with their finish and quality.

http://www.fretstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1105

Plus, if you ever want to play electric, it is ready and the price is very very affordable. Get this one if you want my opinion. I have tried it and reviewed it for school programs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good acoustic guitar for a beginner on a budget?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment