Sunday, December 1, 2013

What tuning type makes an acoustic guitar sound like classic nylon string guitar ?

best acoustic guitar nylon strings
 on ... Nylon Classical Guitar Strings Review | Best Acoustic Guitar Strings
best acoustic guitar nylon strings image



Mareks Z


I'm looking for a tuning type for my steel string acoustic guitar to sound like nylon string classic. Any suggestions ???


Answer
Standard E,A,D,G,B,E

Can I change my acoustic guitar strings from nylon to steel?




Mike


My acoustic guitar was my first guitar and I got a very long time ago, but I haven't changed the strings yet at all. Anyway it has nylon strings and I would much prefer the sound & feel of steel strings so I was wondering if I can simply change my guitar strings from nylon to steel or would a lot of adjustment or a completely new guitar be necissary?


Answer
If you want to ruin the guitar, then be my guest and put some steel on that baby. Seriously, forget it. Steel strings are designed for acoustic steel string guitars which are built to withstand and work with this far greater tension.

The basses you have on now is nylon core with a thin metal winding. The total tension in this set is only a fraction of the tension in a set of steel strings.

You will need another guitar if you want to have steel, I'm afraid.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What tuning type makes an acoustic guitar sound like classic nylon string guitar ?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment